Moores Bait/IDA Crew Ice Fishing Get Together!

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

Here is what I have in mind…

Saturday, January 6th

East Rush Lake

Noon-whenever

East rush doesnt get the heavy pressure that west rush gets and its a very good fishery. Theres lots of productive water, and safe access from the camp grounds($3 access fee?)

The panfishing is usually very good with decent catches of 6″-9″ bluegills, and 9″-12″ crappies on the average. There is also some really fat perch in the lake to keep a person busy in the daytime hours. Some really nice pike also swim in rush although there are special regs. We do get some walleyes also.

The ice may or may not be drivable at the time of this gathering. I have no problem using the 4 wheeler for a shuttle to get some folks out there in need of a ride.

I can drag out a BBQ for community use, and throw in a few pounds of venison and burgers. If anyone else has some venison to throw in we could turn it into a choice cookout to boot.

The fishing is best in the early morning, and sunset well into the night.

Who is interested?

beave
    MPLS

Count me in Dave (provided i’m in town)

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I think Bob and I would come and play too!

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

dont be telling people about the east side nobody knows there is fish in it,ha we gotta keep it that way, im in

GregKorynta
    Columbia Heights,MN

I could give that a try.Sounds like a good idea.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I would love too!

Except I will be in Rochester at a wedding.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If the Favorite Wife lets me out..I’ll be there!

Do I need fishing gear?? Will the Garcia 6500 work or should I bring the 7000’s.

Stink or live bait?? So many questions!

Dave, I’ll have the wheeler and the trailer to help pull people to the hot spot.

I’de love to teach Mike Finke how to fish!

What’s the name of that baitshop the access is at??

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

So that’s how its going to be! Well, I know a certain guide on the lake that rents houses and sells bait next to the public access that I may need to hire. Or maybe just have him doctor up your bait. I’ll do my best to keep that date open.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I have sand paper for your fishing line…

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Im trying to remember the name of the store/resort there. I will look it up if someone doesnt chime in with the name. I know its the rush city exit and you head west towards the public access(one in channel) and there will be a resort on the south side of the road, across the street (north side) is a big red building(barn?). They have RV hookups, and used to have tent sites(might still have). The store carries basic bait and tackle.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The place I am talking about is Ray’s Taxidermy. He added a bait and tackle shop earlier this year. He is on the north side of East Rush right next to the public access. Ray rents houses out during the winter and guides year round. He did a great job mounting my ducks and deer.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Rush Lake Resort?

I did a little searching on the net… that has to be it. I thought it was, but I guess I never had to think of the name before.

So who else out there wants to make some plans to get out and BS and likely catch a few fish for a fry that saturday?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

This thread will be heading to the St Croix forums next week.

Hope we have ice by then Dave!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mr Bowman…round up Alvin Mack too…he won’t have to carry me this time…I promise.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

I’d like to make this get together too. This is one of my favorite lakes.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I would be in for sure if I don’t go to LOTW that weekend. East and West are a couple of my favorite lakes.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

It took me a while to find the thread again!

Starting to sound like a party! Theres no shortage of productive water to fish out there(dont think theres anywhere in the lake you cant drill and catch a fish).

We’ll have to round up a few of the cat guys out there and get them re-trained to bait catching for a day!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i will try to make it as well. that means that the wife has gotta let me out to play. i may even have the sled up and running by them

shane

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Great! We can all draw straws to see who’s going to guide Mike Finke!

Have worms will travel….(wax worms that is )

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I know where the bass, walleyes and muskies are out there in the summer. I still think I can find a crappie there before you BK. Maybe I’ll just bring a bunch from South Center. I have more guide trips booked this year than ever before.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Funny how quiet it is here on this thread now with the lakes still open.. A couple weeks and everyone will be fired up to get out.

I’m looking forward to BS’ing with some folks, eating a little food, and coming home with a stack of fat crappies to cook for the following day! I’ll toss my bluegills towards Brian… He’ll eat anything!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

BK will want to put them back down as bait! I know I’m looking forward to it. Do the crappies relate more to weeds, rocks, or do they suspend out there?

schlankki
    otsego, mn

finke ill help you pm me. brandon (cabelas) and i will help you.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

finke ill help you pm me. brandon (cabelas) and i will help you.

WHOA!!!! HOLD THE PHONE!

No one is helping Mike! Unless it’s making him feel better after he gets his butt whompted by a cat guy!

As far as the gills go…I’ll get the bait tank fired up…opps, can’t do that in MN…guess I’ll have to eat them… Dangit!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I will be there!!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Thats one thing I like about Rush.. ou can be in 5′ of water sight fishing in the middle of the day and do well.. and you can be out in 20′ of water just about anywhere and do well.

So.. theres the answer Mike, they will be in 5′-20′ of water somewhere between the top and the bottom.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

So.. theres the answer Mike, they will be in 5′-20′ of water somewhere between the top and the bottom.

Hee Hee! Glad I had my GPS for your secret spot from last year Dave!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Hee Hee! Glad I had my GPS for your secret spot from last year Dave!

You cat guy’s are all alike!!!! You think the fish don’t move or what!They’re sunfish and crappies..Not catfish! Geesh!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.