The numbers are in and MarCum Wins!

• cny tim
    Rome, NY

MarCums read to 160′ max. Lake George can get pretty deep and there are 3 guys I know that need it to go up to 200′. Two of the three use MarCum’s for everything under 160′, and the other one is moving to MarCum shortly. You see there is room for both companies, perfect example right there.
    You bet if I get into deep water laker fishing I’ll get a Vex, I only went once and believe it or not we were going for perch in 60′ of water and I caught 3 lakers, go figure it was a riot…

Chad – Hey buddy why would you want to shoot the messenger when your pro staff asked for specs? Maybe he got just a little more than what he was asking for.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Chad, can I get on your pro staff?

DSchuss

Trying to prove one unit is better than another is quite ridiculous.I am not sponsored by either Marcum or Vexilar,but do sell them both.Numbers are quite interesting to look at and compare.One question for you is seeing as both transducers have been “tested” ,it showed through the test that both Vex and Marcum transducers put out 400 watts.What does Marcum do with the other 1500 watts? I hate it, numbers can be so misleading!Anyway, soon we will all be icefishing.
    Good Luck to all.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

One question for you is seeing as both transducers have been “tested” ,it showed through the test that both Vex and Marcum transducers put out 400 watts.What does Marcum do with the other 1500 watts? I hate it, numbers can be so misleading!Anyway, soon we will all be icefishing.
    Good Luck to all.

Without getting too techinical:

There is a direct correlation to 50 or 200 kilohertz and a 400 watt power output for all marine transducers. If you really look into it, you’ll find all companies transducer power is 400 watts. Keep in mind that this only the tranducer output, not the unit as a whole. The other power is used in the head of the unit. When I get some time, I’m interested to break out some of my books and research this.
    It really is fascinating stuff

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Matt, you got one of them industry standard testers? Does Home Depot have them?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Matt, you got one of them industry standard testers? Does Home Depot have them?

Funny guy you

They’re on sale at menards this week only!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Sweet. I can save big money

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

So the title of the thread is The numbers are in and MarCum Wins! and it turns out the numbers are from an in house Marcum test?

The title of the thread is ridiculous, it is not about winning or losing, these are just performance measurements.

Marble-eye, Power is used to run features like Interference Rejection. The increased power is needed for IR, Super Fine Line Display, target separation, etc.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The funny thing is the it really is called an Industry Standard Tester. It may sound made up, but that is what is used by sonar techs to test this stuff.

http://www.dsts.com/dsts-4a.htm

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Did you read the display on that tester? OBVIOUSLY it was hooked up to a VEX when they took that photo… lol

Just kidding, just kidding. Some times I make myself laugh.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Say no more…

scottsteil
    Central MN

Where did that funny guy come from

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Its almost like a cult of Marcum worshipers.

BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ALLMIGHTY MARCUM!!!

ALL HAIL MARCUM!!!

ALL HAIL MARCUM!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Now don’t be lumping me in with all these ice nutz. I just saw an opening and I had to jump on it. I plan on crawling right back into my corner and watching the rest of this from the sidelines.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I hear they have a secret handshake too.

If you walk into Hunters Inn in the wintertime and don’t know the handshake you immediately get gang tackled, dragged to the bathroom and given a swirly.

Then you have to ring the bell or they keep making nasty mean faces at you all night.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

They showed me the handshake and they still make me ring the bell.

scottsteil
    Central MN

If you ring the bell, we forgive you for not knowing the handshake

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

hold it, hold it, HOLD IT!

I don’t know any freaking handshake and I’m a bell ringer,

What gives?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

We have a good idea where your hands have been!

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.