Wheel House Conversion?

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I have a 6×10 covered utility trailer that I’d like to look at converting over to a wheel house. Does anyone know of an individual or company that can do the swap out of a standard axel to the drop down axel/wheels? I think I can finish out all of the other carpentry, just need someone to do the wheels.

Thanks!

Mike S

I have just left the axle the way it is and skirted the bottom in using snaps and fish house material. It has worked great on all the units i have made. I have a friend that does that now to his drop wheel house. Faster to set up. Just to need to put a little snow on the bottom of the material to keep the wind from getting under it. Just a Idea

lookin4fish

i had a new axle put in at the fishhousestore.com. they will do it. it can get pretty pricy! if i were u, i would sell off the trailer, and put that money into a used one at the end of the season. if it is a question about gettting it for this year, by the time you get a back from teh shop, and finish the inside, it will be the end of the season anyways. i have been working on mine non-stop hoping to get it done before ice hits, and i feel like i will never finish! then again i go a little overboard, but i want it as comfortable as possible. good luck whichever you decied!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.