LAX, WI area gtg anyone?

• bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

is that considered boundary waters blue? so guys from Wisconsin don’t have to pick up a Minnesota license? i am new to the fishing license scam now that i turned 16 so whats the deal there?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

is that considered boundary waters blue? so guys from Wisconsin don’t have to pick up a Minnesota license? i am new to the fishing license scam now that i turned 16 so whats the deal there?

Yes it is…

Parking might be a bit slim…but a good 2nd spot.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

If we are talking about alternatives…I still say stoddard has to be a good bet as well. I wouldn’t mind trying Lawrence lake, as I have never done it before…but Stoddard had 9″ of ice last weekend…by the 17th, vehicle traffic should be possible I would think…Problem is, by then it will probably be all fished out

How many people usually are out for that derby? It might make things tighter, but Its a big lake out there.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The derbies on the lake usually draw a couple hundred people or more.
    Cade-Sure the lake is big, but it isn’t all good for fishing. There are key areas out there that have a consistant bite. I would strongly consider changing the date to the following weekend.
    Stoddard is a great place to fish, but the parking situation is terrible and getting to the ice can be a real pain. Also, not everybody is able to make the long walks out to the fishing areas.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yeah sounds like we will have to change the date then guess that means the 24th or the 10th…

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.