Check out this shack

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Ice Shack
    Has anybody seen or heard about these yet? The concept of portability is definitely there. The only issue I could see with this is carrying your other equipment since there is not a sled.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Seen then on the DVD that comes with this years Ice Guide mag.
    Sure looks portable,but I would have a sled to haul all the extras.
    Ryan Hale

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I agree that would not work for me. You know that
    You still would need a sled for your gear unless you were going to just set up behind your pickup truck. I also like the seat in my trap better than the folding chair being used in the pic.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m pretty sure you’d get sick of chasing that thing on windy days. Unless there’s a way to anchor it that I missed.

DSchuss

Yes,I have seen the Pac Shack and we have sold out of our first shipment from Nature Vision already.The concept is good because it is extremely light and portable.If it is windy you will have problems.Also, I think the fabric will not stand up.They pack into a small carrying case that has back pack straps with it.Sells for $99.99.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I was going to get a first hand look at them before I made too many assumptions. The picture looks like there is plenty of room, but that can be deceiving. I can imagine for the person who only gets out a few times a year or so, this will probably work pretty good. I definitely wouldn’t trade my Trap Pro for one

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Gander mountain in lakeville has them, in stock on the floor, I think this is really cool invention, I heard rumors Fishtrap is making one next year. The chair is actually a big wide nice wide chair, I think those on the fence about this will really like it when they see it, yeah it’s not the heaviest or the most heavy duty thing made, it however I think would be 100x’s better than sitting on a bucket.

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

Hmm…for that price, I think the Quikfish is better.

dallgood
    Savage,MN

I’m looking to down size my portable since 9 times out of ten I’m fishing alone. I looked at this set up at Gander this week. The chair is big, but like most styles of this chair you sit sunken in and their tough to get up out of. I would prefer a small one man built on a sled.

riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

I like my Eskimo quick fish. The canvas is tight and one ice anchor holds it. It worked great last year on a trout trip to the BWCA.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I got to see this hack first hand today. In all reality, it is a pretty neat concept. The wind carrying it away is not any different than my Trap Pro. The material is attached to the chair. I was also suprised on how roomy they were. I sat in the chair and flipped the cover over. There was plenty of room for 2 holes, a flasher, and a 5 gal bucket. The black material was not the heaviest, but will withstand a lot more than people give it credit for. When flipped over, it is really dark inside and would be great for sight fishing. The black material will also obviously draw heat very well. For the casual ice fisherman, I honestly think this would be an ideal set-up. For $100, you can’t go wrong with this shack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.