LaDredge Reel Weeds

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I just ordered a SOS Extreme pack today. I cant wait to give them a try on the mille lacs mud flats. Just think of what the perch will be thinking. “hey charlie, you sure were on the 9 mile? Looks more like Isle bay to me” I think we took a wrong turn on the gravel”

The concept is simple. I believe these artificial weeds will hold more schools of fish in one area. Having to drill 5-6 holes to drop your weeds, may save having to drill 20 to stay on fish.. Click on the banner at the top of the page for more info, or go to http://www.reelweeds.com

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I saw this concept in a magazine last year and wanted to try it out. Please let us know how they work for you. I heard it only takes 20 min or so for the fish to start gathering on structure like that. Such a simple idea….why didn’t I think of it…..I am sure we all say the same thing.
    Good luck

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I can’t wait either, Got mine the other day.
    Attract fish? maybe.
    But hold them to an area? absolutely

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I am getting some for my camera cord as well! The video of that pike is amazing. I was always tols that pike bite looking up because of the placement of their eyes. Wow! Learn something new every day!
    Great concept!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

That is a pretty cool video,… I was wondering if the pike was trying to hide itself, immitating the weeds.

icemac33

I’m hoping to pick some up this year for Red. They seem to be perfectly suited for URL. I have visions of Crappies pushing each other out of the way.Yummy. I’m getting hungry

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I trying to remember who I was talking to last year that was using them on URL…

They said that they were out fishing (catching) people just a few feet away.

I’ve never used them…but I plan on “barrowing” your on Mille Lacs this year Derek!

ps you bring the dew!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I’m gonna need more. I’d like to set up a large spread. I wanna try to fill the entire top of the 9 mile with weeds and then let em soak for an hour or so..

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

Just one more thing i’m gonna have to buy… Let us know how they work on Mille Lacs Derek

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Oh there are just so many ways to use this structure. I began using this product last year with excellent results. A very well constructed product that will last you for many seasons.

You can create your own weed beds but you can also create your own sought after “inside” pockets. I did this many times last year by fishing either a sharp shore line or a steep drop off and running a string of structure out from that shoreline or break. By making a “T” out of natural structure and the Reel Weeds you now have two inside corners to fish.

Another way to use this product is to drill a series of hole the size of your portable sled and place the Reel Weeds in these holes. Once your house is set up or even before you can drill a couple more holes and put a few around your shack. Then when fishing inside of your shack you will be fishing in the sparse weeds but also right along side of the dense weed cover that is right under your sled.

When a fish is pressured or spooked his first instinct is to hide. Well if you have the first available weed structure that this fish can find to hide in then he will be right in your coral. That fish did not go far and you just held him there to come back to your lure presentation. Perfect for those lakes that have little or no weeds in them too.

Something else that I would like to add about this product is that they have redesigned the cord wrap for the structures. They are now a durable foam system that holds the product very compact when not in use.

Welcome to IDA LaDredge Outdoors !!!!!

russjudy
    Minnesota

I saw them used on Red last year and was impressed by the product, but when I saw the customer outside our rental house drilling holes all the way around the house right next to it by each hole (8 of them) 1 by each hole on the inside of the house-when we already had 2″ of water on the ice in March and losing ice fast I wasnt so impressed- please be considerate when renting a house, we ended up moving the house that night it was slowly sinking–now to a better topic

a few years ago we were on a lake and someone put a xmas tree with tinsel on it afer xmas was over, a couple weeks went by then it was gone-2 days later we caught a northern and guess what it was cover with, (I mean all over including the inside of its mouth) I should have put 2 and 2 together and invented it;; just a thought but garland comes in all colors, its water resistant, it comes in different lenghts, tie a weight on one end and give it a try-

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Got my Quad pack today.. Very lightweight and durable. Wont add hardly any weight to your portable. The storage system is very slick..

Cany wait to give them a try.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Wow, that is cool! the one with the bluegills is perfect proof that they do work..You can see them coming in before the weed even gets to the bottom!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Just make sure you read the little flyer that comes with them. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how to unwind them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.