bait

• steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

where’s a good place to order on line spikes and waxies.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

For ordering on-line. Vados

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Derek-How much experience do you have ordering through Vado’s? Also, have you tried the colored euro-larvae? I want to order some this year, but not sure what they have for a shelf life

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

thanks a lot guys i’ll check them out. i can hardly wait for ice.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Wats, I havent ordered on-line. I live three miles from the shop.

The colored maggies are all I use in the winter for panfish. Red and whites are my favorites. They keep really good in the fridge.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Derek-Since you are so close to the shop, I may have to ask a favor when it gets closer to the GTG on Mille Lac
    I really want to try the mixed colors of the euro-larvae this year. I know red really gets the perch fired up in this area and the creamy ones are good for all fish. I mught see if you want to pick some up for me

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

No problem…

I might have some wigglers too..

Todd_NE

I used some colored euro from vados last year. they were alright, but they did die somewhat faster than I expected but – I don’t have a lot of experience to measure against.

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

How long do they actually last in the fridge
    Is there anything else you can do to extend their life

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Expect about 2-3 weeks. Remove the dead ones. They turn black when they are dead. You cant stop their life cycle. You just need to keep them between 35-40 degrees.

Todd_NE

Mine did really well then, I had some go 6 weeks I remember, I did pick out the dead ones every 3-4 days though. I keep my garage about 35-40 deg so I just leave em out there, not in a fridge.

VADOS is great to work with. Super company.

Derek – should I get bait ahead for the IDA outing or pick it up at Nitti’s?

Todd

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Vados has the most fresh maggies. They may also have wigglers at that time. Excellent perch bait.

For you guys coming from the south, if you take 65 north to the east side of mille lacs, you will drive right by Vados.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

The colored larva is what i will go to in the winter time 9 times out of ten especially for big bull gills…..put 3 or 4 on a tear drop jig glow and green and let it free fall as slow as possible like i said lighter the better and bahm!!! my favorite river trick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.