Fish Trap Guide Seat Rail Repair Ideas

• Todd_NE

I have a Trap Guide with the seat that goes back and forth on the rails. The rails have some sort of a bolt that goes into the tubes that is supposed to hold the rail in place.

Even skinny guys pull these inserts out of the tubes.

Anyone ever fix this???

Tks

todd

Todd_NE

Derek

This is the “new” version of their seats and rails – I’m sure it’s improved. Basically a bolt goes through the metal stand on each side of the sled into rail tubes allowing the seat to go back and forth.

The bolt into something that looks like small discs/washers that are tapped down into the rails. They bolt pulls out when someone sits in the seats – dumb idea from the start.

[image]http://www.clamcorp.com/icefishgear_deluxeseating.html[/image]

I’ve thought about trying put a come along strap around the whole works. It’s too thin to weld.

Todd

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I see.. I havent got mine yet.. I’ll send you a PM

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Give Clam Corp a call…they’ve been very cooperative for me in the past. Maybe there is a “fix” or “engineering change” they will give you for free. Worth a try…

Todd_NE

Clam got back to me today and they are sounding out more washers to add the bolts. We’ll see!

Todd

lookin4fish

they did the same for me. i was very happy wiht them, but i dont know what to do because it is a problem every 2 years???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.