I hear the train a’comin’

• yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

It’s rolling round the bend….I ain’t seen the icepond since, I don’t know when….I’m stuck in Warmin’ Prison and I can’t be free..

Favorite words for me this time of year….I look at the thermometer and say “Makin’ Ice”

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

for I am a Johnny Cash fan
    hang on D ice be here soon

icemac33

I lost my daycare today and was forced into a day off, Took the kid over to Cabelas and Fleet Farm to play in the portables.Almost drove off 14 a few times rubber-necking to check out the ice skim on the roadside ponds. Obsessed, to say the least. Just waiting to hear that HOF has shimmied his way out onto 2″ of clear ice to take the next day off.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I hear I can’t wait to get on some ice myself.Would love to make it up to the pond this year for some ice fishing.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Just waiting to hear that HOF has shimmied his way out onto 2″ of clear ice to take the next day off.

Not quite yet, but getting there. My back yard pond has about an inch of ice. 14 degrees right now!

Good Fishing,

Mike

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

I tryed to fish some pools on a small stream yesterday – instead I found ice. In some spots it looked to be a inch or more.

UG

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

10 degrees in Sparta this morning and a skim of ice on the west side of Neshonoc. When it finaly decides to snap and stay cold it won’t take long

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

If we could just stop with this BS 50 degree whether every other day maybe it would relly start making some ice
    Just kidding, but I am realy ready for the hard water season

shayla

I Love Johnny, but I don’t like ice! Ice cold, no good! I’ll say it again, the only ice I like is in my Brandy-7’s.

I used to ice-fish, so I understand you guys chomping at the bit, but I seem to remember ice a lot sooner in the fall….like right about now, am I just getting old or what? I remember my buddy Randy and I fishing crappies out of a permanant shack every fall when the gun season was going on, so what gives….global warming????

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

I agree. Just get on with it. Cannot stand the interim where it is too cold to boat fish, but it is not cold enough to ice fish.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

On my way to West Salem for work this morning, Vet’s Park pond had a thin layer of ice. On my home at 4 this afternoon, there was still ice on it I also noticed another smaller decorative pond near LaCrosse had a nice layer of ice still this afternoon. I am READY

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yep, same thing on the river backwaters. The ice stayed on all day! plus the neighbors pond was frozen all day too. This pond is fed by springs that flow down the side of a sandstone bluff, and the springs were frozen still also!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Let them freeze, so I can get to my favorite pheasant spots. Then let it freeze some more so I can get my butt out on Mille Lacs and LOTW.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

How sad is my life: Sitting home during deer season, on a 61 degree day, sorting ice jigs, sharpening hooks, and thoroughly just making a fool of myself ogling the collection…dreaming of the day….

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

What a guy won’t do to get a fix

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

good thing im not the only one about dieing to get out there, me and jonathan talk about it every day in school. last night around 10 i had the ich, so i had to go out to the shed and make sure i still had all my gear
    -Aaron

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.