Mil Lacs…

• bigpike

Ok guys time to spit a few spots on this lake, perch, walleye, etc. Favorite place to stay on the lake in a sleeper (aka best resort). Any help would be great, my ice fishing partner and I are planning a few mid week trips up to Mil Lacs and will only fish the spots when you aren’t there! Promise!! We are looking at Hunters Point and we will be mobil for day trips. Any local type fishing tips??? Thank You for any help…

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Bring a couple augers.. Being mobile and punching lots of holes will pay off. You get out of it what you put into it. Avoid the crowds and check the latest reports before you come.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

When are you going to be there? That alone aids in where the fish are.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

My advice is to keep checking IDA for the latest reports on ice conditions (always check with resort prior), and bite! Also it doesn’t hurt to hire a guide for a full day or even a 1/2 day to show you a few spots and techniques!!! Like Matt says it really depends on what time of year you plan on hitting Mille Lacs…as to where the fish will be!!!
    Let us know when you decide on a date..otherwise keep asking questions we will keep you up to date!!!

bigpike

Thanks its a start I will hook up with a hotspots map, I am planning on going the week right after New year, 3 days two nights, Perch/walleye during the day, walters at night. I can swap hot “current” techniques at Redwing for slob saugers and decent walters if anyone wants to get more detailed shoot me a PM, I’m not looking for anyones honey hole, just some general areas to look and search- bars,reefs etc.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

An hour before dark head into shallow rocks,(6-10ft) close to shore, it doesn’t have to be on a rock reef.

Get away from everyone… way away. You should be able to do this during the week.

Use jigging spoons and a minnow head. I like Buckshots that glow and jig aggressive.

No lights on, just lighting from your heater and flasher. It wouldn’t hurt to be quiet too.

Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.