Buzz Stix

• millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

What do you guys think about the Buzz Stix rods for ice fishing? I’m thinking of picking up a few, are they worth the extra money?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

If I was sitting next to one of those things and had to listen to it buzz all day, it would go down the hole.

It seems to me that however I’m shaking or jigging or manipulating my lure, it’s during a pause that it get’s hit. In that light, I think the buzz stick is overkill. They may come in and look at it but will they hit it if it never stops?

Rootski

ggoody
    Mpls MN

They are terrible unless you get one as a gift I would stear clear of them.
    After 10 feet deep they don’t work not that it matters because what good would it be anyway.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

great present for the garbage man thats all i have to say, the rod has pretty good action the reels ok but the hole buzz idea doesn’t work, i would buy a better quality combo for the money because it will be worth it in the long run!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Its nothing too special..but it works great for shallow water crappies and bluegills. It really does give the lure a lot of action, depending on what ice jig you’re using. But I’d by a frabil panfish popper over the buzz stik myself. We’ve had this discussion on here before, and i’ll say it again..They’re just ice rods, might as well buy 5 or 6 cheap, decent combos that fit your needs. IMO theres no reason to spend 100 bucks on an ice combo, but thats just MO….A lot of people disagree with me.

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

Alright, I’ll pass on the Buzz Stix. Does anyone have a suggestion for a really, really light combo for fishing perch on mille lacs?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I would suggest a St.Croix Avid AIR28ML for perching.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

i second the st. croixs! great rods and great spring bobbers catch some fish

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

The buzz sticks are junk. Very little motion on the jig, and not the best quality. Thorne Bros. custom rods from here on out for me. The best ice rods made.

deepportage

Save your money and get a good rod, the Buzz Sticks were a marketing gimick.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Save your money!! I tried one and every time I’d buzz it I’d watch my finder and the fish would disappear in a hurry. I can’t recall ever getting one to bite if I was buzzing it at all!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Alright, I’ll pass on the Buzz Stix. Does anyone have a suggestion for a really, really light combo for fishing perch on mille lacs?

Thorne Brothers has a new Perch rod as of last year. There is nothing better. Which reminds me I have to pick another up!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I will second Matts suggestion….Thorne bros perch rods are simply amazing….in fact all there ice rods are great!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.