Ice fishing houses “Wheeled”

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I was looking around on-line today at some of the options and manufacturers that are available for the wheeled shacks. Anybody out there have one, or fished out of one. Kinda looking for some feedback on models, usability, etc.

lookin4fish

my pic is the ones made by http://www.fishhousestore.com/ they have a 10 year frame gauarenty! i dont have one myself, but i took my shack there and hd my axles beefed up buy them. worth checking out.

also, my good old van for sale would also be nice!!! click on the link below

deepportage

My Sportsman fish house has been very good to me it’s a 18ft v nose, The frame is made out of 2×4 tube steel and it tows soooooo nice down the road, the weight is 2,800lbs not bad for a shack this size

I have had no problems with bent of broken springs,just last week I pulled it down a very low matence road[8 miles]it was bouncing all over the place with no prblems at all

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Check out Milaca Unclaimed Freight in Milaca. They have a huge number of shacks and styles you can crawl around it. Very nice!

synthes
    Plymouth, MN

I cannot remember the name of them…they are called “the Lodge”. Looked at about every wheeled shack last year and really liked this one. I know they are made in brookings, SD…but someone up in the northern suburbs carries them.
    Good luck.

russjudy
    Minnesota

each year we buy new house’s and resell them when May 15th rolls around;;- and buy new ones for the next year to keep things updated- this year we didnt because I think we have the best-IM a ice castle dealer- check us out on the lake this year because they will be up for sale this spring and at below dealers cost-keep us in mind

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

My buddy bought a Lodge last spring after the ice out. He hadn’t used it at all and the first week, the roof leaked all over. They brought it back to South Dakota, and the factory said that it had been in an accident. Frame tweaked, wood split, siding rough. Well, long story short, the factory ended up fixing it, but it left a huge sour taste in my mouth.

I would stay away from the pre-manufactured houses with steel base frames and wood enclosure. Most manufacturers that I have seen only nail the lumber together. They could atleast use screws to hold the wood together after pumping down the road and lakes all winter.

As an engineer, my choice is going to be an aluma lite shell for sure. I am just scratching for enough cash and I am going to get one. Here is the link. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.soderbloom.com/Alumalitefishhouse.html

Built in Cromwell, MN. I think you can have them finish the inside as well, but I think that would be half the fun. Customize.

big_fish_guy
    Hastings, MN

MM, they won’t finish the inside… I know Jay. I have one of his houses (check out my website for pics and such). He’s changed a few things based on my feed back with the house(did some R&D for him) If you end up getting one, send me a email and I’ll give you some helpful tips for finishing.
    http://www.bigfishguy.com
    email big_fish_guy@comcast (dot) net

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.