building a house with more detail questions

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

OK I have a good line on a decent priced 8 x 14 frame to build a crank down house . Now what I am looking for is comments on possible costs and ideas that I am missing. I also am wondering about the wiring issue. I am thinking I will frame and put the outside up first so I can work on the inside on bad days, plus I figure easier to wire and work around it. Also if I decide to change things I am thinking easier to do it without taking walls off and such. any comments on that? I can wire and such and have a bussy that does. I have heard the mention of both 110 and 12v. which is better for the house? How do you make it so you can charge the batteries without taking them outside the house during a weekend. here are/is the list of what I am thinking of:

probably 12v wiring – how much and where to get it

cabinets

insulation – which is better for the price?

wrapping house – inside and out?

bunks

hole covers?

heater – what size

cook top – should I have one

lights – 12v

windows

I am going to try to keep my cost around 2000.00 after the frame price. is that going to be possible?

If there is a link of lists and ideas like this please let me know. I did searches and such but there is not much on prices. if you want send me PM’s in regards to pricing and such. I am probably going to get some stuff free for the ice house.

thanks-

Broncs.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I would go to the Ice fishing show in Dec. And you will see tons of houses to get ideas from, Bring your camera.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

sounds dumb , but they will let me do that? you would think they would not to keep the looks of it to themselves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.