5 lb propane bottle????

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I’m looking for a 5 or even a 10 propane bottle. The few I’ve found are around $65. Is this the normal price for those little things?? Where is a good place to get one??

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

They are on the shelves here in Minnesota for around $35.
    Any store will have them. They must have the OPD Valve.

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Cabelas has a 4.25 lb for $43
    I have an old valve style 5 lb-er and it needs the newer valve but that’s a rip! I’ve seen newer 5 lb-ers that have a base as wide as the tank which would be nice so it’s not so tippy. They are around $50 at the big chain outdoor stores around here.

Ferny

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

Ben

You should be able to find them just about anywhere – I’ve got an 11# that I picked up at Menards (lumber yd/home center) – I’m thinking it was $30 or – but that was 2-3-4 yrs ago. Mine came w/ the OPD installed.

UG

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I also use the short 11 lbs tank but I too found that the smaller the tank the more expensive they are empty.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks guys. The $30 -$40 price range is a little more what I was thinking they should be. I’ll check Menards and Home Depot. I’ll bet they are harder to find this far south though.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

My advice is to go with a 10 or 11, the five is just too small unless you are just fishing solo in a solo shelter.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I have 2 portables, a 2 man and a Fish Trap Pro. I figured the smaller the better for the pro. I can always take the big bottle for the bigger shack.
    Thanks for all your suggestions. If I can’t find one at Menards here in Nebraska then I’ll have my in-laws get one fo me in Brainerd.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.