Building a house

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Well I think I am going to look into building my own versus buying a pre-made one for cost reasons obviously. To those of you that have built your own where did you get blue prints, the frame, tongue weight and wiring ideas? as I can build and wire, it is just a matter of getting a frame to start with. obviously cheaper the better, but then again you get what you pay for also. Would be nice to not have to worry about renting a shack any more and be able to go when it works out for me.

thanks
    Broncs

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I found an old pop-up camper and built an ice shack out of it and it worked out great!

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Broncosguy,

I would seriously consider looking at Alumalite premanufactured frames. You can get a basic frame or a complete shell and they look awesome. You can get a 100% aluminum house with siding and insulation for not much money (in respect to finished houses). Located in Cromwell, MN. Then you wire and finish the inside yourself to save money.

http://www.soderbloom.com/Alumalitefishhouse.html

If I had the cash, I would have one in the driveway.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

ok. Anyone with ideas of where for steel ones? Also are there any threads out here discussing building them and such?

thanks-
    Broncs.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I helped build a steel one, maybe 15 years back. Just welded the frame together, got leafs and axles, wheels & cranks from Northern, cabled it up, and built from the floor up. Turned out sweet. Once the frame is figured out, so you don’t have steel running through where you want the holes, it was just like building a regular fishhouse.

big g

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

that woudl be a possibility, but it does get down to the trailer and having someone that knows what they are doing. but thanks for the advice. I might ask a few buddies that weld if they know of anyone else that could pull it off.

Broncs

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

I had my frame made by Mark’s welding in Osakis. He makes alot of them, any size that you want. mine was a 8 x 14 for aroung $425, but that was a few years ago. I havn’t had any problems with mine, good heavy duty design.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

can you PM me the number if you still have it? and was it a drop down?

thanks-
    Broncs

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

the number for Mark’s welding is 320-859-2803. Yes it is built as an arm type lowering and raising unit. I added cables to the arms that run to a winch on the front to aid in lowering and raising it. I’m sure that he would add this option if you wanted it. Give him a call, he’s the cheapest that I’ve found in this area, and he has a pretty good design. Jerry

big_fish_guy
    Hastings, MN

i got some more pics of the inside finished on my website.
    bigfishguy.com under the fish house link, obviously.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.