Otter Wilderness Walleye Package

• cny tim
    Rome, NY

My daughter is 7 now and the wife has finally given me the green light to start taking her ice fishing. I was looking at this unit for two and was wondering if any of you guys own them or have seen these and what you thought about them? I pull by bhand so weight was a consideration here. Thanks in advance..

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

CNY- I have a 2 person clam and a 4 and 7 year old. I also pull it so weight is a consideration as well. The only reason I bought it was the price was right. It works out well but the one you are asking about is a great house. I looked at that one as well. Good Luck. Love2Fish.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

i would recomend a fish trap voyager or yukon, they are lighter wieght and the fabric is all stop rip material. the voyager comes stock this year with a third seat that works great for two adults and a kid. I havent found any thing better so far.

savage_tuna
    Savage, MN

I agree with Thin-ice… I have the house (without the 3rd seat…rats!) and love it!!

Tuna

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

I used to have a voyager. Nice house but pulling any distance in snow is a chore. I went down to the guide for two adults it works well and would be good for one adult and one child. It is allot easier to load and unload too. I have not had a change to check out the Otter though.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I have an Otter lodge, a large 2 man flip over. It’s as nice a shack as they come, but it’s heavy for one person. I also have a Clam pro for solo outings. I would consider a clam if you have to do all the work. Ron

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Can’t go wrong with Otter either. They make some good quality stuff. I know a few guys on staff here have the Wilderness. let me see if I can find out who they are and have them chime in here.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The Otter Wilderness Perch with a bench seat option is a great way to go. If you’re looking for a quality one person with the ability to put in two (i.e. bench seat) this is a real good unit for sure…

I opt for the Otter Medium Cabin…A touch bigger (two man) and with the bench seat I can even put in three for a tight squeeze to warm up.

All the otters have a large out of the sled opening that can be utilized for equipment and also have one of the deepest sleds I have ever seen for hauling equipment. I pull over a lot of uneven terrain and I never have to worry about tackle and equipment falling out of the sled.

There are a lot of good units out there and there are several that are good for specific applications..

I choose Otter for the best bang for my buck!!

If you have any questions about any of the Otter Ice houses feel free to ask and I will give my opinion on the units I have used. Feel free to clink on the Otter link below to check out all the Otter Outdoors Products !!

cny tim
    Rome, NY

Thanks guys for your input. I am real close to making a final decision and the the Otter Perch Wilderness looks to make the most sense. I have always wanted a black house for sight fishing and the ambient warmth you get from the sun shining on it is a plus as well. I will keep my Fish Trap Pro and hand that down to my son and my daughter will get the HT Polar Escape Iceman. I am sure the Wilderness Perch will give me years of enjoyment like my Fishtrap has given me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.