Rod Cases

• cny tim
    Rome, NY

Was looking for a protective case for my St.Croix and Thorne Bros. rods and talked to a buddy of mine that has the Otter rod case and loves it. Anyone else have this rod case and how do you like it?

scottsteil
    Central MN

The Stone Legacy Revolution is a great rod case. I have two of them, with roughly 6 rods in each. You can fit 8 in each if you need to, but 4 is ideal.

The nice thing about the revolution is they have hard plastic insides, so that the rods do not break or bend. There is also a large pocket on top for all your tackle. It is the best rod bag I have found yet

IceJohn

I use a Croxton Pond bag.I use them plastic tubes for golf clubs.You can get at wally.Just cut to size and cut a noch for the reel slide the pole in and put a rubber band behind the reel.This works really good.I have used this for 4 years now.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

cny tim
    Rome, NY

Stone Legacy has the revolutions for $40 ea. from there webs site I’ll see if one of the guys will go in on it with me.. Thanks guys

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Nice rod case.

I strap mine to my cargo rack when trekking across the lake. 5 rods in it and none broke yet.

You’ll be surpised what you can fit in the compartment on the top.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I use a croxton, it is the best bag I have tried yet. Although I haven’t tried the one Scott mentioned. With the croxton I can get twelve combo’s in, my lx-5, dipper, tipups, and a bunch of tackle boxes. I can carry that, my auger, and be set to fish anywhere, without a shack…

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Tim,
    I use both the Croxton and the Stone Legacy. I like the Croxton for gear and the Legacy for my rods. You will not be disappointed with either one.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

i use a arrow case. theres two to three foam blocks to protect your rods from banging into each other. i fit four st croix legends with reels an two small tackle boxes and a hand held gps in it.

cny tim
    Rome, NY

Thanks for the input guys!

scottsteil
    Central MN

I used to use a Croxton Pond bag for my rods. There were many things I didn’t like about it, especially the inside material. The Revolution is the best rod bag out there. However, my old Croxton bag makes a really nice Tip-up carrier. Between the inside and two outside pockets I have 18 tip-ups in one bag

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

A guy showed me his case about 6 years ago and I switched to it. No problems and it holds at least 6 ice rods and reels. A cheap old single gun plastic case. Plano? The rectangular style with a hinge and foam lining. Fits in the pull sled or strapped to the ATV. Toss it around in the truck etc. And for under $10 how can it be bad.

emover
    Malcom, IA

CNY, I was given the Otter box as a gift the first year they came out. They are pricy, but tough as nails. I am a large guy(morbidly obese) and I have fallen on mine and the 5 rods and gear were not phased at all. I agree there are some better options on the market, however, the Otter will hold 36 inch rods nicely, and have no plans on replacing mine at this time.

dave

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have a JR tackle bag. I can get 6 in there real nice with all my tackle, but I usually carry 8. Gotta love those Thorne Bros. rods. I bought two last year, and they are the only thing on the Xmas list this year. Those two rods have increased my catch rates a ton.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.