A cause of my fever!!

• scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I spent a few days at a sport show this week and let me tell you the new Clam X series houses will give you ice fishing fever like nothing else. This series of houses is without question the best designed and best constructed houses in the industry.

They have completely reconfigured the frame design and have used much heavier material on these shacks. When they designed this product it is very evident that they talked to the fisherman and took the words and advice of those fisherman.

Some of the impressive features these houses have are the extra durable frame system, windows and vents exactly where they should be, a storm fly allowing air to escape from the top vent but not allow the snow and wind to blow in them, a lower vent and windows that can be opened without the need to move off your chair, additional attachments between the tent and the sled, this list could go on and on. Even the color configuration is like no others out there.

Now I just can’t wait until we get ice!!!!! That did it for me..

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

If you got a fever, the only cure is more cowbell..

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I have a real bad case of fishing fever after that show now. Enough to dig the Strike Master Lazer out tonight just to fire it up and put new blades on it. Five pulls and it started for the first time of the season.

And now we wait!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You got any post holes that need digging? I know the feeling. I want to pull the short rods out but theres plenty of fall fishing to do yet..

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I just got done putting out about 200 new locators for Cabelas tonight!!!!!
    Along with making some portable graphs as well!!! I am getting the itch as well, however still a lot of time left for soft water fishing!!!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

And all those FL-20’s will be gone by monday.. Keep up the good work Cal.

lookin4fish

are the new nature vision locators out at cabelas yet?

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

That FL 20 is a sweet unit. That may have to go on my wish list for later this winter.

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

“Were definately going to need more cowbell”

scottsteil
    Central MN

I agree Jeff, I got a look at New X-Series (redesigned Polar) I was very impressed by the construction.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Like a kid at Christmas waiting for mine to get here now!!

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

So when is the X series coming out?

Figures I just bought a Voyager last year then they get smart with the redesign.

My biggest beef is in a good wind the Voyager is not all that sturdy. The Otter guys in the same wind seem to be fine.

Does anyone know if someone makes an insulated shell for a Voyager?

Does anyone have schedule of all the Ice shows / sport shows in the twin cities for this fall? would be nice to keep a calendar of them.

Could also be a good way if IDA members to get together and meet on another.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

Yup i already have guys coming in to cabelas and asking for ice houses its really giving me the itch. I even saw a guy buying a 10″ lazer mag this weekend. we start rolling out the ice fishing gear in only two short weeks. we will be carrying the X2 and i am trying to get the X4s in stock.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

whats the x2 and x4 equivilent to? now that i have my old one sold i can pick up a nex one . last year i was looking at a fishtrap pro, is the x2 equivilant to the pro?

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

the X is gonna be the closest to the pro , the X2 is a voyager and the X 4 is a double sided flip over like the four man otter

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

sweet! what are they looking at as far as pricing? will i be better off waiting till the end of season to pick one up? also do they still sell last years fish trap pro?

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

does anyone know the specs of a X4?? I have a buddy wanting to get a 1060 but this sounds like a better design.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

they are still making the original pro and we carry them, as far as the specs on a x4 i am not sure yet but i know its running about $750 which is quite a bit more then a 1060 but would probaly be a better purchase

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

So is there a website yet? or some data sheets to see them or check them out?

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

When set up the x4 measure six feet wide by 12 feet long and over six feet high. They took the Polar 4 man and completely reconstructed it by adding heavier material for added warmth, more windows, a better vent system, a new heavier frame system, better constructed seats for more comfort and a new color scheme. There are other features as well.

I have had the Polar 4 man houses for about 4 years now and for my style of fishing it works great for 2-4 people. These new ones are even constructed better. Without question the best I have seen out there yet.

It is my understanding that they will be made available Oct. 15. They are not listed on the web as of yet but I know they will be shortly.

scottsteil
    Central MN

For you guys that are used to the old Clam products, the X series is like nothing you have seen before. Clam bought out Polar Sport and the old Polar Sport line has been redesigned to what is not the Clam X-Series. These are some serious houses with serious construction. They will come with a serious price also, but you get what you pay for. I am hard to impress and I was impressed with the construction. They have actaully improved the old Polar line which I though was going to be hard to do.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.