FL-8 issue

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

I have a FL-8 that I got from a friend 2 years ago. seemed to work half way decent at the beginning. But last years trips I had issues of my jig registering unless the battery just came off of charge. I thought it was a battery issue, so bought a new one with no difference. Would cleaning the brushes work? just curious.

thanks-
    Broncosguy

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

About how old is the transducer? Possibly needs replacement.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

I agree, think it may be a transducer thing

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Myguess is maybe 3 or 4 years. Got from a friend that fishes a lot and she received a FL-18 she takes good care of her stuff. how much should a transducer run me? My buddy was right about the responses here. And I hate to admit he is right about things. and he had some nice things to say about the staff here also .

thanks-
    broncosguy

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

A new iceducer runs about $50. If you have a buddy with an iceducer, borrow it to make sure thats the problem.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

ok thanks my buddy does not Ice Fish, but I am sure that I can find someone out there that would let me borrow there’s, should I also try my ice ducer on there’s to see if it is the same? Also what does cleaning the brushes due for the fl-8 then?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You could swap and see how the signal is on thier as well. You can also try cleaning the brushes with 400 grit sandpaper. This will allow more current flow to the LED lights.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I agree it is the transducer.

You can test the ducer over a hard/flat floor. Hang the ducer off your counter pointing at the floor. See how high you have to turn the gain to get a solid bottom reading.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

In that regards I have done the counter thing and have not had to have the gain to high. only high when trying to see the jigs. sounds like I might be starting to get some where.

thanks

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

How deep of water are you in when getting this problem?

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

had the issue at upper red and Mille Lacs for the last 2 years. I would say from 13 (url)to 34 (mille)feet. But I will have to warn you I am polish . so really really dumb it down.

broncs

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Try a different transducer then clean the brushes.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

O.K. Thanks for your responses Derek.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

feet. But I will have to warn you I am polish . so really really dumb it down.

Now I understand everything

Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

but I am sure that I can find someone out there that would let me borrow there’s

I know where you can get a ice-ducer

Ron

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

You understand it all now? so what you can read better to comprehend better then you hear? I say that all the time at ball. Also you might want to be nice, you had a few things that you did that I am still trying to figure out what you were thinking this year on the ball field.

Broncs

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

OK slider, sorry for the last post. I posted b4 I read that you could actually be of some help to me in the next post. call me or PM me with the info.

Broncs

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

AND how many walk off homers did YOU have this year

NO need to say your sorry as we are all here to have fun and learn.

Ron

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

the only reason you get those is due to you begging everyone to stay on 3rd when you are on deck. . so are you still just standing there trying to figure out what to do on that hit ? It is very fun out here. I like this site a lot. thanks for the advise of getting onto this site.

Broncs

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

so are you still just standing there trying to figure out what to do on that hit ?

I was tired running to first every time JUST to see you guys wipe out the Oh-lay cape, I see you buy them in bulk. Great discount that way from what I hear

Ron

DSchuss

A new iceducer for fl8 or 18 is $69.99. You can also send your FL8 in to Vexilar and have it refurbished for around $100.00. Just call Vexilar with your questions at 952-884-5291.Their customer service is awesome.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Their customer service is awesome.

DSchuss

OOPS! Don’t know what happened.FL8 &18 iceducers are $69.99.You can get your vexilar refurbished by vexilar for around $100.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.