MarCum does it again!

• cny tim
    Rome, NY

More bang for your buck! They have a $50.00 consumer rebate on the VX-1 from November 15th through December 31st. This will cover the bulk of the ice fishing season. Therefore the cost of a VX-1 three color sonar unit will net to the consumer at $199.99. It will be a rebate coupon in the box. The features on the VX-1 are: 600 watts of peak to peak power, bottom zoom (bottom 5 feet), six levels of interference rejection, target separation of 2.65 inches in the 20 and 40 ft scale, battery, charger, electronics shuttle w/ adjustable transducer arm, and transducer. The unit comes with a one year manufacturers warranty. This is a smokin hot deal! The release date is November 1st for the VX-1 three color sonar system.

All these features are well worth the $250 regular price alone but for $199 during the rebate period that’s just sick. Way to go MarCum!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

CNY

I see you hustling Marcum on several websites…are you by chance on their payroll? I remember a “discussion” with you last year on another fishing site….

Just a question

cny tim
    Rome, NY

Big D – Nope just a happy customer

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

VX1 compared to an FL-18? That is just crazy. Isnt this the same unit that Cableas could not even give away last year? The same unit that had multiple problems?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

How come you dont talk about any other product besides Markum?

icejockey

Quote:

I just found this site the other day. So far it has been a breath of fresh air. No bickering. No in your face promotions by website staff. And then this. I’ve seen this guy’s song and dance on a couple other websites. It makes me feel nauseous. I’m honestly not sure if he’s a marcum employee or not but he sure likes to act like he’s a spokesperson or rep or some thing. His input is so biased this post should be ignored at best. At worst it should negatively affect a person’s purchase descision making process.

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

There’s 19 pages of this on the other site…..let’s keep that over there!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Welcome Icejockey..I think you will find IDA to be an excellent site.

Tim, I am sure MarCum appreciates your advertising efforts. Tim is not am employee of MarCum, that I know. But, what he posted is true, MarCum will be offering that deal starting in November.

The VX-1 was introduced to offer an affordable flasher for everyone. It has many of the features of the higher end units, but does not have the power to compete with those units.

For the price, it is a great unit and fits into MarCum’s line of products very nice

danno34

This Guy seems to be a little to intimate with his VX-1. I would hate to be the guy to bend over and help him with a walleye.

icejockey

I do like the site I just would hate to see it go the direction others have. Lets just say there was a reason I went looking for a new site with ice information.

Is this new VX1 the same unit as that cabelas unit Derek is talking about?

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

I think if someone is excited about a product they have found to be good and a fair deal they should feel free to voice their opinin about it here.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The VX-1 is similar to the name brand unit Cabelas and Gander sold last year, with a few changes. As for it not being a reliable unit, that is a simple lie. There are several people on this site that use that unit and really like it. The sales of the unit were excellent and in addition, I know how many of these units were returned for defect and that number is considerably less than 1% That is not a made up number..it is fact!

Most people on the internet know of my affiliation with MarCum so I am not just making up numbers, that is an actual return rate…pretty good for electronics

And yes, it is going to be a limited time offer and a GREAT deal.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Keep it on topic guys…we don’t need personal attacks here. Tim was letting everyone know of an upcoming offer from MarCum, that is all.

eyebuster
    Duluth

I own one of the Cabelas units and true there is better but for a unit on a budget I have had no problems with it, seems to take awhile to charge but when on the ice it works fine.

cny tim
    Rome, NY

That’s one of the very cool things about MarCum they do look out for the little guy by providing lots of useful features at a low price. I’m sure for entry to novice ice anglers this unit will be very affordable and easy to use for them.

There’s nothing like getting a good deal regardless be it electronics rods, reels, tackle etc…and this is a sweet deal to get those not involved in our spot a low cost powerful option or a father with a child that enjoys ice fishing and would like to have his flasher back, .

I don’t care if you buy a MarCum or not because unlike people that are sponsored I can say what I want because of my experiences with these units on ice and that’s all that matters to me is my word. I think all these companies can get along and still stay in business.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I second CNY Tim is saying. I really like the features, power, especially the price, and the customer service is second to none
    Signed,

A happy MarCum customer

eyebuster
    Duluth

I like the product but this is the last time I will read this plug. This thread is really tiresome and not what I thought IDA was about!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Alrighty men, calm yourselves now.
    I’ll agree it sounds a bit like a sales pitch. Done with.

However Tim’s post is Informational. No taking cheap shots. If Theres a good deal out there for a product I may be interested in,…I’d like to see it on IDA!
    Theres just no reason to get into it with eachother

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

Quote:

I do like the site I just would hate to see it go the direction others have.

It’s too late..

Chad

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

I do like the site I just would hate to see it go the direction others have.

——————————————————————————–

It’s too late..

We appreciate your thoughts on this guys. We’re on it. Let’s just let this go for now and get back to talking about fishing and hunting, please. Thanks guys!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.