Strikemaster 4-stroke auger

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Anyone have one? Pros-Cons?

shaley
    Milford IA

Talked to a guy last season that had one, told me it was for sale he was going back to a 2 cycle due to having to be carefull on how the unit sat while traveling and storing and an issue about the muffler either buring his coat or the wall of his house when drilling. Other than that I have heard good things about them but I’ll stick with my oil burner for now.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Derek- I have one and love it- To be honest, I don’t think it will handle a beating as well as the lazermag express, but I ran it alot last year, and I like everything about it. It is just as fast, so so quiet, and it barely uses ANY gas. Great auger! When the local store down here marked them down to 350- I had to buy one. I am glad I did!

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I got to try one out last year and have to say I was impressed in most ways. I personally fish most of the time with a 10” hole just because it is my preference and the Strike Lite is only available in the 8”. That thing made very little noise and did not have a problem drilling through any of the ice that I had it in.

There are some real pro’s to this unit however I just bought a new LazerMag last season that I used about 3 times so I am not ready to change over yet..

cny tim
    Rome, NY

DJ – No one round here has purchased any yet were too impressed with the performance of our old Strikemaster Lazer Mag III Expresses, mines a 6 shooter and she will be 10 years old this coming season.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Look who came out of hibernation.. Hows it goin Jeff? Any pannies biting up there?

Thanks guys for the info..

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I’ve got one and it is freaking sweet!!! Quiet, no smoke, and torquey. Highly recommended.

The only negative is the blade guard sucks. I was warned about the auger cracking in the extreme cold, but I used the heck out of it last season with no troubles. I did have a hard time starting it once when I left it outside over night in -10 degree weather. I had to warm it up in the house for 15 minutes before running.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Hey Derek. How the heck you been? Going good here. Busy as ever!! The pannies are just starting to move into some deeper water but I have heard guys are doing well. Notice I said I heard this. I have not had a chance to get out much in the last few weeks myself. Our forcast for tonight’s low is 31 with a high for Fri. to be 60. That will cool the water down a bit.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Brrr.. But that is a good sign.. How has Paul been?

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

He is doing good as well. He had to take a break from guiding for a bit due to a bad shoulder but it gave him some more family time. He is getting back in the guiding a little bit now. I am hoping to spend at least one day on the water with him yet this year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.