If you could only have one jig ice fishing…

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Welcome aboard!
    You guys are the ones who make it that way!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

Go devil in 16oz, I would give my left toe if they would make a gold 16oz go devil, I have painted my own but factory finish would be nice!!!

They used to, I have about 25 of them. They work Excellent on Lake of the Woods and other lakes with that stained water. I prefer the 1/8 ounce size, but use the 1/16 for finicky shallow water perch.

deepportage

Can you still find them? or have they been gone for years
    Sorry for high jacking the topic…

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Thanks for the kind words guys. Keep your eyes open there Deep as they are coming back this season!! Watch for them here on this site.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I think that translates to, they will be available from BFISHN tackle with the other Go-Devils this year

deepportage

Cool, it’s nice to have a company that’s in tune to the fishermen and what they want. I’ll be picking up some when they come out.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Jeff, you gotta join us for the ice GTG at Mille Lacs this year. You can set up a table and sell, sell, sell!!!!

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

On LOW-Vingla, but on the pond a fat boy on one and a chubby darter on the other.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Do you have the date picked out for the GTG yet? I would like to attend just to fish!!! But I always carry a bit of trinkets in my tackle box…I mean my truck.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I heard some mumblings in one of the staff forums talking of one on Mille Lacs, and another in Iowa and PDC WI.
    Dates should be forthcoming soon. I imagine Mr. Steil will know first…

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Jeff, I’ll bunk with you. I’d like to fish as well. No cards or booze for me..

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Me too. I will be there for the fishing during the day and the BS’ing in the evening minus the alcohol Can somebody turn the freezer on Mille Lac tomorrow so it can start to freeze

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

lil mic in assorted colors depending on what the fish want. Tip it with a waxie. I killed the crappies with this and this was the hawg caller for early season gills. Giznit makes a tiny jig that i found at wal-mart in the open water fishing stuff. Its got a tiny plastic on it that has tentacles like a tube another good bait. And one more, is a mini hair jig tipped w/ a waxie or mousie. I don’t know the brand but they are also at wal-mart, near the trout fishing gear….

I CAN’T WAIT FOR ICE FISHING.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

That sounds good to me. I would like to get into a bunch of them jumbos I keep hearing about down there.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I know it is not a jig. But I had one thing it would be Northland buck shot rattle spoon.
    I catch more fish on these then anything.

fishinfool
    mn

Scott got me hooked on Glo Devils . Outstanding jig even for trout. Sooner the better for a date on the ice get to gether. FISHINFOOL

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Good stuff here so I’m bringing it back up to the top.

palisade1kid

If you link out to photos on photobucket be sure that they are no wider than 450 pixels or you will stretch the page here on the site.

Using the photo upload system here on the site is FAR easier and quicker than using photobucket or other photo hosting site… once you get the file sizing figured out. The other nice thing about uploading photos to the IDA server is that they’ll always be part of the post you added them to. If you browse old threads you’ll find nearly all photos added using a hosting site are missing… so the posts are loaded with all those red “X’s” indicating a missing file.

col._klink
    St Paul

I keep hearing about T.H.E. Jig but have never seen one in person……………….

I’ll give you a buck for one to try this magical lure out with no bait.

palisade1kid

Quote:

I keep hearing about T.H.E. Jig but have never seen one in person……………….

I’ll give you a buck for one to try this magical lure out with no bait.

I’m not selling them here,sorry.

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.