Shallow water perch – What’s your go to lure?

• cny tim
    Rome, NY

1/12 oz. gold Kastmaster

csp88
    Ankeny, Iowa

#4 Wolfram Jig (Gold with orange bead) tipped with spikes.

scottsteil
    Central MN

1/8 ounce Go Devil in Firetiger (perch) with a minnow head if there are small fish in the area also.

1/16 ounce Go Devil in Firetiger with a wax worm if there are not small fish in the area.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

marmuska (sp?) with a waxie or crappie minnow head and a dead stick to feel them.

I don’t have a camera.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Lil’ Cecil or Lil’ Mic tipped with a red spike or 2. Also a small Forage Minnow in rainbow trout pattern.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Wats, didn’t you get some real nice Perch on Mille Lacs last year using those Shrimpo’s?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Shrimpo’s are deadly on Mille Lacs when the fish are down there and not biting. The problem with Shrimpo’s is the fish very slow and hole hopping with a Shrimpo takes to long for me. But, they are deadly in a tough bite.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I did get some on the Shrimpo’s, but most came off the Cecil’s and Forage Minnow. I was so surprised because I bought a bunch of recommended tackle for Mille Lac and couldn’t buy a bite Then I used my regular tackle from our home area and picked up a nice walleye and a pile of perch

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I would have to say the 1/8th oz Go Devil with either a minnow head on it or with a JB Lures Ant as a dropper attached to it with two waxies on the ant.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.