Battery charging time!!!

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Just a reminder to all icefisherman to charge the battery on your locator to keep the battery fresh, you want a good battery when that first ice gets here.

Ed

col._klink
    St Paul

I am still using mine. Jigging off the front on the boat with the beat up FL-8. Puts some nice eyes and crappies in the bucket!!

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

I better get mine on the chargers tonight.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

very good point !!

Nothing worse then a dead battery when everything else is ready to go !!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

Nothing worse then a dead battery when everything else is ready to go !!

Dave you are truly a man of genius, I been there , oh you were talking fishing…sorry

dave

corey-studer

Great reminder! I try to charge mine once a month, that’s if I rember.

herb
    6ft under

Been checking and charging if needed, the batteries on my Marcum and Vexilar. The Vex battery stays fully charged for the most part, but the battery on the Marcum shows 0 charge after 45 to 60 days. It’s only a year old, well I bought it new last winter anyways, but I’m thinking it needs replaced. Am I right?

cny tim
    Rome, NY

herb – as we discussed pming. From my experience I have known of only one failed DCS 100 and since it is warranteed for two years from your purchase date you may want to have it tested by MarCum’s service department. You have a vex charger for back up until you have the DCS checked out and returned. It’s nice having a back-up charger I have a Powersonic. MarCums accept F1 and F2 spade terminals so if you opt for a 9 amp. over a 7 amp., your covered.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Herb, the unit that plugs into the wall blew a transformer. There was a bad batch of trasformers last year, I know because I had one also.

Call service and tell them what your problem is, if they can’t get it taken care of let me know

Your DCS is fine, those things are bullet proof, the issue is always the actual charger that plugs into the wall. Let me know if you you don’t get it resolved.

herb
    6ft under

Scott, I’m not sure what you mean by blew a transformer.
    I can hook everything up and plug in the wall unit and in due time the battery will show full charge. Then after sitting for a month or two, the battery will show anywhere from 40% to 0% charged. Doesn’t matter if the DCS is hooked up or not during this time frame. I even thought that maybe the DCS wasn’t putting out an accurate reading so I hooked up my 12volt level of charge meter and found the same reading as the DCS. I always thought the wall unit was the actual charger. I’ll send the folks at Marcum a mail and see what they can tell me. Will let you know.
    thanks

scottsteil
    Central MN

Herb, my bad…I thought you were saying you leave it on the charger and it just reads Zero. If the numbers flash when you plug it in, it is charging. Why you are losing charge over time without the DCS connected is strange. Sounds like you battery is going bad but I can’t be sure.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.