A
    D
    !
    !
    !

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Everybody’s Fishing!!!
    Well, except for me, I was fishing this morning..

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

just got back fishing…didnt do any good no fish not even a bite
    -Aaron

col._klink
    St Paul

I was looking at some guys fishing. But I had to put a new sub floor in the cabin. That was super hard to do when there was good ice in the Brainerd area!!

Son of a gun! They all got their 10 crappies in like 1/2 an hour!

And all I could was watch well I had to work.

AkDan

We went out today. Did well again. I landed 4 char2 nices ones (12-14lbs) 2 smallish ones, missed a nice laker (we figured an easy 15lbs) but watched him hit which is really the highlite of it all imho. My father in law landed one nice char, his first ever. Another buddy of mine and his wife was there. He landed two lakers, including one 25lb+ fish. NO scale, no tape and no stinking camera for any of it. Just a hog. I think it’s bigger then the 28 pounder on my link. Definatly fatter and it appeared longer by a few inches, just a behmoth. Unfortunatly he kept it, a fish that we are figuring to be as old or older then I
    (30 yrs). A typical problem in Alaska!!!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Is the meat on a laker that big good to eat?

AkDan

Skin,

I really dont know. I wont keep them if I ever land one that. Heck for that matter it’s a rarity I keep anything anymore. After a summer of fishing salmon our freezer is kept well stocked with fish. I will say the 14lb laker I kept was pretty good eatn. My buddy who landed the 28 pounder did say it was good, dunno about the one landed on sunday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.