a season of char and lakers

• AkDan

Well here is some fish pictures from Alaska. Some you’ve seen a few are brand new from the past two days. The big fella is my partner Brad. Now if I could only gettem to get good pictures of the short fat guy…haha. Oh btw that is me

Tuesday we had two doubles on 12-15lb fish in 30 minutes. I ended up icing 6 fish, 5 char and a laker, he landed 2 fish and busted off on a very nice third fish. He’s also iced a 28lb laker this winter, by far the best between the two of us and everyone else I know to boot!

http://community.webshots.com/user/lilhunter007

Our ice season doesnt END until around the 2nd week of may or later on the lakes, depending on size of course and how many -50 degree temps we receive over the winter.

I’m headed in a couple of weeks for Spring steelies in and turkeys in MN. Can’t wait to be back home for an extended period of time this time.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

AKDan,

Cool pictures. I noticed you are building a stripper canoe. I am in mid build myself, have it stripped, sanded and am ready to start the epoxy. Im really excited to get it all completed. Your looks great

emover
    Malcom, IA

Nice pics, Dan
    Thanks for sharing.

dave

AkDan

FB,

Mine is stripped and partially sanded. I need to fill in some gaps along the keel. This is my second attempt at this canoe. My first attempt shattered on the garage floor!!! Legs to the strong back gave way and down she went. Lost for emotions is all I can say. That one was completely sanded, gaps were filled, ready for epoxy when it happened!!!

AkDan

I updated the last three pics with much gooder pics as far as size. Man lakers are good looking fish! so are those monster char! Also finally received a picture of the beast, his 28lb laker.

AkDan

mondays pics are up. Tuesday and todays pics are soon to follow.

col._klink
    St Paul

So if I fly up you will set me up with a shelter and somewhere to sleep and eat?

AkDan

You’d better get up here SOON. I leave for MN in a week!!!

col._klink
    St Paul

What are you coming here for? The ice is gone bye bye!! At least in Anoka and Ramesy Counties…….

AkDan

I’m coming down to do some steelhead fishing on the brule and along the north shore and also a 5 day turkey hunt in washington county.

I’ll arrive early saturday morning and I don’t leave till the 2nd of may.

col._klink
    St Paul

I have MON. off pm me and I could meet you!?!? To fish.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.