Chetek Chain

• vman59
    Barron,wi

Was on the Chetek Chain, 18 inch’s of good ice with some slush on top. Panfish bite has been pretty good and consistant.

crailt

would luv to know an update on ice and fishing conditions from this weekend

vman59
    Barron,wi

not a problem at all . As it stands right now there is anywhere from 16-20 inch’s of ice. Landings could get touchy if we get any rain. travel on the lake is not a problem > Fishing on the other hand should pick up anytime I would think but as of late has been very tough. marked alot of fish all weekend but were very finicky. you could see them on the bottom raise up to yor jig and go back down.What we did manage this weekend was mostly perch but some very nice perch at that.

vman59
    Barron,wi

Ice is going fast and won’t be but a week and boats will be out.Good fishing on the north end of Praire for gills.

vman59
    Barron,wi

Sorry for the lack of action on the thread . I will be on regularly with reports and will help anyway I can information wise.

Right now panfish action is very good on gills and crappies, gills are in shallow and in some cases you can actually target them by eye. Crappies seem to be moving back out into the deeper water somewhat from their shallow haunts of the past month or so. Walleye action is slow or in some cases non exsistant. Trolling up Prairie with fire tiger crank baits in 8-12 fow should produce but don’t expect constant action.

Bass are moving shallow and are fairly active with the channel between Pokegama and Mud being a very good spot right now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.