South Metro Ice

• metromuskie
    Saint Paul

Anyone have any current ice conditions on metro lakes? I am thinking of heading out to a south metro lake this evening/night. If anyone knows of a hot lake or wants to join me let me know. Are people still driving on the lake? I was out on Spring on Sunday. The lake was pretty wet already. I caught two crappies in the few hours I was there, so it was slow. There were lots of people out but did not see or hear of many people catching fish.
    Thanks!

MrB

Hey Metro, if you’re looking for crappies and big sunnies, try the north end of Prior just out from the winter access point. We have limited out almost every time we have been out there with very few little ones. We were off to the right near the small bay almost right in line with the point. 12-14′ of water, anywhere from 6″ to 3′ up using either black, white or, believe it or not, blaze orange teardrops tipped with waxies. Best time for us was either early morning or one to four in the afternoon. Hope this helps. I wish I was going, but I sprained my ankle pretty bad at work, so I think my ice fishing is done for the year . At any rate, give’em hell and let us know how you did.

metromuskie
    Saint Paul

Has anyone been on the ice after this recent snow fall? Will the ice still be safe?

crailt

help us here – my last hurrahh after my 1st yr back after many years — want one more time — report on Marion, Carls and/or Spring

thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.