More fun on the ice

• Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Had another great day of ice fishing yesterday. Went to Black Hawk Park. A friend was there and offered to drill my holes where ever I wanted them. I set my tent up while he drilled. Cleaned the holes and started to fish. Didn’t take long and had a nice crappie. Between sitting inside until temps warmed a bit and hole hopping I ended up with 20 keeper crappies before giving in to my back taking it’s toll on me. Saw and heard many guys leaving that were not catching anything but the friendly small gills. I caught a few of them but not many. Again the color I was using was a small purple jig with half a waxie. One of those no name brands.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Way to go Sis. Enjoy your fish fry

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Seems to me like Green Lake there is usually pretty good from now until ice out. Did I ever tell you how I caught a 12 inch brown trout there,yeah through the ice? Released him but a northern probably ate him by now. The rest of those Lansing Fishers are pretty tight lipped on their fishing hey. Say hello to the old gang for me.

herb
    6ft under

I kinda sorta wonder how many of those Lansing Fishers are lurkers?

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Fishing machine…great day on the water! How much ice is left??

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Will do Tom
    Herb there are more of them that are lurkers than you would ever guess.
    Had 10″ of ice on green and at our state landing. Only 3″ of good ice and 2″ of snow ice on greymore at PDC. Have no idea as to how much is on DeSoto Bay. But they have been fishing it lately.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I was just going to ask you about Desoto bay. I was down to Green one day a couple months ago and wanted to get out there, but there was nobody else and only 5″ of ice on Green at the time. We only caught small gills too when we were there. How deep were you fishing? also how deep is desoto bay? I’d like to get out there and try it sometime. Thanks

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Cade I think you’d best be thinking on getting your boat out now. Nobody on the ice around here except for a couple early morn yesterday. But they were only over 3ft of water at the most. De Soto bay has from 6ft and deeper where they usually fish. I imagine this stuff is getting rubbery right now. So be very careful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.