a second fantastic day on Alaskan Ice!!!

• AkDan

Well after yesterday I didn’t think it could be topped. Landed two lakers in the mid 20’s and a monster char, 28.5″ 13.1lb arctic char. Pics havent been emailed to me yet, ugg. Had the HOLE lake to myself. There’s not a single permanent house OR portable on the lake but me!!!

Today we went back. Again we had the hole lake to ourselves, not a sole!!! This time I took a good buddy of mine and man we hit gold.

I managed to land a low 20″ laker right off the bat within 5 minutes of fishing. Landed 2 lakers, 3 char, lost two hooked fish (one felt awfully big and was lost at the hole, line hung up at the bottom of the hole). Missed two bites also.

My buddy landed two lakers, his very first laker we managed a double. His second laker is a 31″er.

Awesome day. Here’s a link to the pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/lilhunter007

Go to the harding lake page.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

WOW……..nice fish!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Man, you got the good life!

How cold was it that day?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Sweet! Man, I wish I was up there!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Dan,
    Sounds great, you’ve got ’em pinned down
    Fresh lakers, now to boil or smoke? What a problem to face.

dave

col._klink
    St Paul

Boiled fish????

That is one of the best ways to eat them. A little butter and some salt and pepper………………

emover
    Malcom, IA

Ya can’t have a fish boil w/o the spuds, carrots, and onions plus some nice wheat or rye bread for that drawn butter, and of course plenty of

But I really enjoy smoked Laker.

dave

AkDan

Temps yesterday started out early in the morning pushing -30 from what the good ole weather man was telling us. This lake is usually a bit warmer then town though and by mid day it was only in the mid teens below zero.

Ok I do have to ask though I didnt personally keep any of these fish I did keep a laker last week. I have really NO recipe’s for lake trout and could use some help here. We did find an recide online called “herbed lemon laker” and it was good but the marinade really had no flavor to it. any help here would be greatly appreciated!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Tin foil, lemmon and onion. Wrap and throw on the grill. Turn once 15 minutes each side. Done!

A Sunbeam Steamer, lemmon pepper and garlic salt. Take the skin and Y bones out…

AkDan

so cook in the steamer, then add the lemon pepper and garlic salt when its finished?

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

do the garlic and lemon/onion thing on the grill, but give this a try…
    tin foil, butter, onions, SOME brown sugar, not a ton, and perhaps some teriaki marinade…experiment. You want that brown sugar to carmelize and crystalize a bit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.