Spooner This weekend

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Anyone do any panfishing around Spooner lately? I have lots of ideas and all of them are first time locations. Hopefully get into some decent panfish.

marbles
    Northwest Wisconsin

Though I have not fished it this ice fishing season, I recently heard that Middle McKenzie was producing some decent crappies. Not sure about the gills. Earlier, Spooner Lake was getting hammered for panfish as well. I think there is a fishing tournament on Shell Lake this weekend but I couldn’t tell you where the panfish are there. I used my camera to check out some of the cribs last week while I was waiting for flags on my tip-ups and didn’t see one fish. Good luck.

scottys
    Eagan, MN

Mike, Shell lake has cribs all over in it. I know of some that might hold some big gills.

Scott

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Interesting. I have two spots I want to try but not listing them on open forum. I’v seen the crowd fishing right in Spooner all season. That is the one spot I wouldnt go just for that reason. Scotty, the cribs sound intersting but difficult to locate. I’ll probably hit smaller water close by. We’re doing some cleanup at the cabin too. Remember the outhouses? They going down.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Found the panfish. First lake we pulled in crappies as fast as you could drop the line Sat morning. Unfortunately they were all 6 inches long. Second lake was the ticket. Found the gills in 9 feet of water 3-5 feet down from the surface! Very strange but that’s where they wanted to hit. The big ones went 8″. Everything else 7. Cleanable and great eating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.