An honest days work

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Spent a few hours on Mead Lake today. The bite was just fast enough to keep me awake and to get me tomorrows supper. Nothing huge, just average Mead Lakers, about 7-8 inches. Ended up with 23 in there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Taste Fish Chips!

Minnows? Waxies? Were they biting all over?

Sounds like a good time. Were there a lot of people out there?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Is Mead in Clark CO.? I fished Rock Dam but not Mead.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice catch
    Looks like you take the time to keep your bucket clean, I should give that a try

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

The lake was very quiet for a weekend. Most action was people taking their permanents off.

I was alone in my shack and my folks were about 10 feet away in theirs. The fish were suspended in 18 FOW anywhere from 10-13 feet. At first I caught a few on a purist and waxi, they’d take it on the drop. Then they stopped that. After a bit I raised my minnows up to them and the fun began. Two lines at once a few times, lol.

Mom and dad were getting nothing on minnows-all on bugs. Then dad clipped a minnow tail and stuck that on his jig. He hit the jackpot on that combo. Weird thing was I couldn’t get a dang nudge in my shack with the minnow tail deal.

Mead lake is about 7 miles from Rock Dam. Just take GG east (out of Rock Dam) to highway M and turn north (left). Go about 4 miles north and turn right (east) on Hwy MM and follow through the first curve, then turn right to Mead Park at the beginning of the second curve. Follow that to the campground and there is the lake.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.