Heading to RED

• col._klink
    St Paul

Since LOTW was a bust last weekend I am heading to RED to try for some crappies and fish pike during teh day.

Anybody has a lucky spot they want to share?

We go out of Hillmans most the time, just hoping they are bitting after LOTW I hate to waste my bait like that. Drowning minnows is not to fun.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I posted one on Monday but we did good with 21 crappies, kept 10 perch, 1 4lb nothern, lost a big northern and C&R 36 walleyes. Place bait 15-18″ off bottom and don’t move it.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

That post about the Northwest Angle on LOTW looks pretty hot!

col._klink
    St Paul

I did read that. It the Star Trib. they had a pretty good article about the angle. Wish I would have went there instead!! Crappies and Walleyes nothing better. South shore is dead this year. It will be better next year and this spring it will be good.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I propose we have an IDA gathering at Flag Island! That can’t be any further than running up to fish channels on the Red River. Just a thought

dd

Borch

Well it depends on where you want to fish. Get a way from the crowds and look for rough ice. Sometimes they like it jigged and sometimes not. Depends on the school of fish you’re on. Keep moving until you find them.

Had good luck on white glow demons with a red dot or strip and red optic stealth jig and while nuggie by little atom bait.

Had a couple crappies chase the bait 6 feet off bottom as I slowly lifted it away from them. We were out of Hillman’s fishing anywhere from 5-9 miles down his roads.

Good Luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.