LOTW report

• col._klink
    St Paul

Well guys we spent this weekend at LOTW. Nothing positive to say about our trip. On the way up we got stopped by the LOW shriff’s department good thing we did not get a ticket out of the deal. The deputy said I hate to tell you this but fishing has been terrible! So I am going to give you a verbal warning. Which he did and was very nice of him because fishing was the worst I have ever seen up there!

We did end up icing a few eyes (7) for 2 full days. The biggest was 16″. The wierd thing was I was noticing fish coming through at 10′ under the ice. And when your fishing in 34′ it seemed a little different. So I pulled my #2 red pimple up tipped with a minnow head a it hit. I thought CRAPPIE???? Nope 15″ walleye 20′ off the bottom??? Pretty weird to me. Needless to say we left at noon today and headed home.

If your planning a trip you might want to reconsider

Other then that the Grainbelt was very cold and needed

birddog
    Mn.

Bummer the fishing was poor, seems like the standard lately! On LOTW always run a line up just beneath the ice, some of the bigger fish are caught there. My biggest up there came 5 feet beneath the ice…27″.

BIRDDOG

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.