Pan fish in the Amery Wi area

• Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Well since the ice wasn’t very good in my home area I went north about 60 miles to the Amery. Had a chance to use the L332c on the Ice and it worked very well. Disconnect your GPS antenna after you find your spot or it drain your battery really fast. It lasted about two hours and the battery was dead. Good thing I brought the spare with. Fish in about 12 FOW 10 foot down. Caught about 50 fish from 11am-4 pm kept 15 that where about 8 inches. Here is a pic of L332 in action, and a few of the first fish caught. Very cold out today glad I had the shack.
    Whatsa

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Now the best part. Ummm Ummmm GOOD!!! Whatsa

bigpike

Nice report with a good finish, glad to see the bite is still on, the pans seem to be getting a little sluggish in my fishing spots….

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

What do you think of that Lowrance?

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

It worked very well. I have an old vexilar and it may be a little easier to adjust the vexilar but after 10 minutes of tinkering I could easily see the the smallest tear drop i had on the screen and you could see the fish easy. Many times I had a flicker above my jig and I’d move my tear drop up and catch the fish it was a good learning experience for me with the 332c I bought it last spring and I thought for $149 from Reads I could get the Ice fishing package,(They sold me an extra power cord that he said I need but you don’t need it if you get the 16I pretty sure that was the part number for the Ice package I got) it works I feel as good as the vexilar, never used a Marcum before. It was very nice I used the GPS with my map to get me to the point of the bar I wanted to fish. Punched a couple holes and immediately started catching fish. For the money I had invested in it i thought it be best to try and use it on the ice. I think it was well worth the money. I don’t like the wire that holds the transducer so I’m going to get the foam hanger that floats the transducer like the vexilar. It will be much easier to move from hole to hole. I think you can see the hanger in one of the pictures how the little arm swings out and into the hole. You have to have the unit really close to the hole and it was difficult to put it in the hole that I had drilled to the left of my unit. I really like the visibility of the screen in the sun and in the shack it was easier for me to see than my old vexilar in the sun. I’ve not had a chance to use the new Vexilars so I’m not sure how good you can see them in the sun. If you have any other question PM me

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have seen the white foam hangers and stoppers at Fleet Farm befoe.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.