Deep Freeze Crappies

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

It was pretty slow today but i managed to catch 8 crappies. All of them were keepable but i released 3 of the smaller ones and kept 5. I was with Nick Davis. he caught 2. I was also out with Carson, one of my other friends and he is still out. not sure if he has caught anything. It started with a decent bite, but at around 11 it went completely dead. I was using a white hair jig with a mousie for the most part. The top picture is what the flasher screen was looking like. As you can see, fish were moving through, but thats just it, they were just cruising through for the most part. They were suspended in about 20 fow over about 32 fow. it was deep to say the least. Out in the current, i was on about 4 inches of ice, but back in a more protected bay area, the ice was more like 10-13″es. “jason jabe” came out today too and he put his camera down there. There were some 2 pound bass and scattered gills, but there wasn’t much for active fish around, as everyone predicted. One last thing to note, the water came up a lot over night, (I hear they raised the pool a foot) so the shoreline got really busted up. You know us though, we found our way out
    Good luck, stay warm

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

these crappies are absolutely stiff as a board. Didn’t take long for their eyes to freeze up and their body to become stiff after sitting on the ice in 3 degree temperatures with 20 mile per hour winds seriously it was cold.If you don’t have a shanty, it’s really not worth your time.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Cade, try adjusting the ISO on your camera. I played with mine and was able to get some great shots of my flasher in motion.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Not really sure what you mean? I adjusted the quality and set it from standard to “fine” Heres a different pic. I put the ‘ducer on my hand to get a blip on the screen, so this isn’t the flasher in action.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

one more. I think it helped. This one has the zoom feature on

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

The ISO is similar to the speed rating of regular film. You should be able to adjust it from 400-1200. Try the 1200 setting if you have it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.