Vermillion River Fishing Report

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Has anyone been down on the Vermillion River fishing for those nice crappies lately. I heard some good reports early in the season and then we lost all our river ice . I live pretty close and would love to try it if there was any good reports. I am lost were to go, I have never been down there. If someone has any advice it would be very much appreciated .

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I checked the ice Monday and there was maybe 1 1/2″ there. Not enough to get my Fat out there. I’ll check it again one of these day’s. With the cold weather,I’m sure it’s getting more ice.

Depending on Where your coming from,the easiest way to get there is to take 10th street (turns into Rivanna tr.) Go about 5 miles. You’ll go accross a long straight strech of road with the RXR tracks on your right side. At the end of the long stretch, look for the “public access”sign and cross the tracks and follow the road with the tracks on your left side now to the landing.

Go upstream about 100-150 yards,about 15′ off shore. Should only be about 4-5 feet deep.

If you need better directions PM me.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I just looked at what I typed before. When your going along the straight strech of road,the tracks will be on your left side, Not right.Sorry, I felt like NK when she’s driving around!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Also;
    I think it is “Ravenna” trail……..

Where did you go to school Chap? Hastings???

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Also;
    I think it is “Ravenna” trail……..

Where did you go to school Chap? Hastings???

It’s bad enough I got Tuckner playing spelling teacher, You try typing something at 2 in the morning and see how your brain works!

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Chappy, you got a brain? you told me once that you don’t think.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Thanks for the report Chappy. I dont know when I will get out there but I am hoping this weekends cold will help ice conditions. Is the fishing better in the morning or evening here? Thanks for the directions too

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Both evening and morning.

I don’t give reports. I give suggestions.I’m not good enough to give reports according to some people!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I heard of 19 keeper crappies caught there today.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

NICE!!!!!!

Same place-same technique????

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

chappy
    Hastings, MN

All we caught were little Sunfish! I mean little! Never saw anything close to a keeper swim by! If it wern’t for Suzuki and Briank,it would’nt have been much fun! I have a hard time believing a report of 10 crappies,when we did’nt even see 1!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Chappy, what are you doing? I heard you weren’t qualified to give a report?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Chappy, what are you doing? I heard you weren’t qualified to give a report?

That’s not a report! it’s a suggestion that people might want to go to a different place to fish. Like we should have done!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.