LOTW?????

• col._klink
    St Paul

We are heading up on Fri. wondering if I should pack enough beer to sustain not catching fish? Or if I should pack some crackers for breading fish?

Anyone heard anyhting??? And has the water cleared up?

Thanks

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I thought I read in a previous post that the fish were not going….. I thought I also read that someone also suggested to stay home until march???????? I could be wrong!! I have heard nothing good about LOTW!!!
    If you go….good luck!! I will have to dig!!!

col._klink
    St Paul

That is what I thought . Oh well what can you do? You plan stuff in advance…………….good thing there are other ways to have fun in a fish house

scottsteil
    Central MN

Stay shallow and you will get your fish. The deep water is the problem this year. But, I would still bring pleny of beer

col._klink
    St Paul

Thanks Scott. When you say shallow. 25′ and less? I think I am going to try for that.

Grainbelt is stocked

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

When I was up there a week and a half ago, we were in 14fow and did better than anyone out deep. Almost everything came on a set line with a white glow hook. I called Arnesens yesterday and they said it hasn’t gotten any better.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I have not gone this year due to the poor reports…From my experiences and what others are saying about shallow, I would go as shallow ast 10 feet especially at low light periods.

GEMEYEGUY

Well it’s only 40 miles from Baudette to Waskish.
    And there you have an ENTIRE LAKE that is LESS THAN 16″ DEEP

Staggo

I was on LOTW this past weekend, it was’t that the fishing was tough, we didn’t see a lot of fish. The eye’s were aggressive and you a good chance to put hooks into them We end up with 29 eye’s and 2 northern a 34& 40 We stayed in a sleeper that was in 18fow and stared at the vexilar for 10am-2pm, because there nothing to look at Arnesen did move us to 12fow and that the best going for us . (twin land, twin rocks)?

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I’m not saying you won’t get any fish, we got our limit of eyes for 7 guys, we were in 14fow on 12 mile reef. Early and late, nothing fron 9 til 3.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.