Little Rock Lake Report

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I got the chance to fish one of my favorite lakes last yesterday. The lake is just up HWY 10 from St. Cloud. I love the lake because I can go out there and catch a gazillion perch and always have a shot at a nice walleye, crappie, northern, bluegill, and catfish. My first time out this year I caught tons of perch along with a 12″ perch and crappie and an 18″ walleye. Last time I was out I caught 100 perch in a few short hours. The size was small, but I managed 20 or so over the 9″ mark. On Saturday we fished the shoreline break in 10-12 fow from 10am-5pm. Between 6 of us, we must have caught 200 perch. Everybody but me fished the same holes all day. I did a lot of hole hopping and probably only ended up with a couple dozen more than the others. Set lines with a bare hook and fathead produced 75% of the fish. The rest I caught jigging with a camera and my brother with the Vexilar. The water clarity was good for a change, so I set the camera up at 5 feet in the down facing position. I had a blast watching the fish come up and smack the lure. At the end of the day, we had about 25 perch to show for our efforts. The biggest was just under 12 inches. We had one small walleye caught between all of us.

If you have a kid who wants to catch fish, take them out to Little Rock. The ice is safe and there are tons of fish to catch. It is easy fishing and you should be able to get some fish worth keeping. PM me if you want some more specific locations.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report. Sounds like quite the perch lake. One of those too good to be true perch lakes.
    Thanks, Bill

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Sounds like a fun day. i saw some serious jumbos caught this weekend, i mean 12-13 inch fish. Guys were doing the same thing you mentioned, set lines with minnow and split shots, only we were in more like 25 fow they also used sweedish pimples for crappies, perch and bass. I tried a pimple but couldn’t get bit. I did awesome with a tear drop and a mousie for crappies though. Check my report. Sounds like a lot of guys here at IDA did good this weekend!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.