laker tube jig source

• AkDan

Hey gang, I am looking for a good source of quality tube jigs. Not quite sure what size to get, was using a 3″er and did land a smaller laker, was thinking of going up to a 4″er. Only had ONE white tube jig with me. The laker I landed bent the hook at a 90. I tried straightn’ing it and the shank promptly broke.

Have done some searches however havent come up with anything for tube jigs and better tube jig hooks.

Any help here would be great or any laker tips would be great too!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Are you using “bass style” tube baits? The reason I ask is I’ve seen some “laker” tubes with a modified tail that has the tentacles laid out similar to a Super Doo… just a lot bigger.

If you’re looking for plain white 4 – 4.5″ bass style tubes, let me know. There’s many sources for such things.

AkDan

The jigs I found were at fred meyers. 3″ers with the tentical’s, flakes impregnated into the plastic, not solid white but still white. The hooks stunk. I really think they were intended for largemouths, not lakers.

The packs only come with one white tube, lots of dark colored tubs.

Am hoping to find some 6″ white or pearl tubes when I am ready to go after some real pigs. Marked one on my lx-5 that would almost take your breath way. Wondered if a submarined was below you .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.