Crappies

• gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Just got back from up north, Leech lake, and decided I would try the same glow jig with a minnow head or tail in a crappie hole here in Lacrosse. He looked at me pretty wierd at the bait shop when I asked for just a half dozen minnows and didn’t want them in any water. Well I used 3 minnows and caught 17 crappies and two perch. That was from 10-1230. I’ll post a picture if I can figure out how again. Most of these are in the 9-10 inch range but got nice fillets off all of them.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I always get a funny look when I tell them I’ll take the dead minnows off there hands

Enjoy your fish fry

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Nice fish! Just curious if you got into any crappies on Leech? There isn’t a lot of them but they can run quite large. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if a similiar situation is shaping up on Leech that happened on Red Lake with the walleye population way down and huge crappies going up. That would be interesting!

dd

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Thank you, and they did say they got into some nice crappies earlier in the season on Leech but we didn’t. Great Perch fishing though, wow!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.