looking for E Rush report

• iceshack
    Hastings, MN.

Anybody been there lately? Catching any panfish? How’s the ice look? Still OK for a wheeler and otter sled?
    Thinking of going up there this weekend and would sure like to hear b4 I make the drive.

Thanks

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Welcome aboard Ice Shack!

I’m sure someone will chime in on the current bite up there!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Welcome to IDA!
    I have not been up in that neck of the woods for about 4 weeks now. I never made it to E. Rush this year because I have been doing too great on W. Rush. Both crappies and bluegills have been biting consistently. I will be up there Friday and possibly Saturday. If you are not opposed to hitting West Rush, I will put a report up Friday afternoon. I heard that there was 9-11 inches of ice on West Rush.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Here is a link to another post that might help you. I think I have a good idea that the secret lake is the one you are looking for.
    Secret Spot

iceshack
    Hastings, MN.

A report would be great Bigfife,
    I have never fished W. Rush but have no objections to giving it a try. I am probably going up on Sunday morning for the day.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Bigfife, I fish east and west rush through the ice a few times each year and was wondering about the perch. I tried to find them last year but never really got into them. Just wondering if you report today if you found any perch. I know of one shallow spot where others caught some last year on west, but not sure about the deeper spots. Maybe the sandy points might be producing right now? Probably be up saturday morning to west rush. Thanks.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I fished West from 9am-5pm. The fish were hard to find. I have an area the size of a tennis court that produced for me all winter, but I could not keep on them today. I marked some here and there, but nothing consistent. We decided to move 100 yds. and we found some good action. I checked from 20-40 fow and the only consistent bite was in 38 or 39 fow. The fish were only 16-22 feet down. We caught a mixed bag of perch, gills, and crappies. We had 13 crappies over 9 inches with the biggest taping out at 11.5 inches. We caught a few nice size gills and two perch 8-9 inches long. Green jigs with a minnow head or tail produced all of the quality fish today. I was fishing in the hole closest to the public access. There was a consistent 17-18 inches of ice with 4-5 inches of fresh snow.

I am not sure if I will be out there tomorrow. If you see a Fishtrap Yukon and a F150 with an IDA decal, stop by and say hi.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the report Bigfife. Sounds like I’ll be moving around a bit tomorow.

iceshack
    Hastings, MN.

Thanks Bigfife,
    Sounds like I’ll be working for my fish. Still beats working for a livin
    Sundays the day, I’m still not sure if I am going east or west. I’ll let ya know how I do.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

We fished West Rush in the morning and found some willing crappies in the morning in 30 feet of water, but size was an issue. We then moved to shallow water areas and found more small crappies and some perch. We decided to try East Rush for a bit in the afternoon and found some sunfish and crappies in shallow. We headed back to west rush for the evening crappie bite, but we only found more small fish so we left at 6. Most of the fish seemed pretty picky today too. Could be the weather and all the traffic.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.