Hali Lures

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Does anyone know where I can find a chain hook for these Hali lures? I can’t remember seeing outdoor stores carrying just the hook.

Hali Hook Chain

Sully

emover
    Malcom, IA

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for or not, but Thorne Bros. has this near bottom of the page.

dave

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Dave-

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need.

Sully

fishhook8

Fleet Farm has them also was at Joes last week they had a few as well as Prince Bait Sat am. They worked very well on Mille Lacs perch last Sat tipped with eurolarve or a was worm

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Jason_Sullivan,

Can you explain how these chain hooks are used. Do you usually attach something to the clasp at the top, like a buckshot rattle spoon? Or, do you just tie your line to the clasp?

I saw a new technique last weekend being used, that looked rather promising. It consisted of a buckshot rattle spoon tied to the line with the treble removed. Then a 6-8″ piece of line was tied to the split-ring with a plain hook on the end. It seemed to work great on the perch. I noticed that while I was jigging just the buckshot rattle with a treble, the perch would just look at it, or bump it. And, I was having good luck with just a plain hook. Putting the two together, rattle to attract, and plain hook to deceive seems like a great idea. Maybe this is the same idea with the hali chain.

Lars

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Lars-

It sounds like what your are talking about is what I call a dropper hook set up.

If you read my report on the Lake Winnie thread, you will see I was spying on guys using a modified dropper set up. So, pulled out of my box the closest thing I had to a dropper set up. I’ve purchased this Hali set up specifically for Winnie in the past.

To answer your question, the chain is made for the Hali Spoon. Hali Spoon

But it could be tried on the buckshot rattle spoon. Actually, that is a really good idea.

Thank you for the tip.

Sully

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.