JB Lures

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Has anyone ever been to the JB Lure factory in Winthrop, MN. I will be driving through there on Thursday on my way home. I am wondering what to expect and what lures I should pick up.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Fife, I love their Varmit lure. I use this on pretty much on all species except Sunnnies. This is my go to Crappie and Walleye lure. It is pretty similar to the Glo-Devil, I think? They have different colors with a white glow back, rattles and red hooks. I like the Orange/Yellow, Purple and Fire Tiger colors best. They have different sizes. They have aothers but have not used them. I just happen to stumble across the varmit back about 8 years ago. I used to ice fish every weekend. Now I’m lucky to get on the ice more than 5 times a year.

I have caught walleye, crappie, bass, northern, eel pout, Lake Trout, brookies, splake, and even a couple sunnies on this lure. You can use the whole minnow, waxies, larvae, minnow head, etc with this lure.

Never been to the factory though. Have fun

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I would recommend Varmints and Weasils.
    For some reason (unless shopping near Mille Lacs) these things have been difficult for me to find this year!
    When I have found them, they have been in limited supply and color.
    Some people will likely tell you this is a waste of time, but I always replace the hooks on my jigging spoons with Gamakatsu – blood red trebles, one size larger than the manufacturer’s
    Good luck
    cheers

ms75449
    Lake City, MN

Bigfife – I stopped there once about 4 years ago. It’s a small but friendly operation. You’ll find it on the Northeast side of the intersection of HWY15 and HWY19.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve been there a few times. It’s a fun place for a fisherman to stop. It’s small so it won’t take much of your time. I guarantee you’ll find a reason to spend a few dollars there.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I use Varmits all of the time on Mille Lacs for both the eyes and perch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.