Customer Service not so good for my Clam 6800

• Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Doesn’t look like they want to stand behind my 6800. This is only the second season on my clam and both zippers have fallen apart. I attached these pictures and this is the reponse I recieved.

Customer service “Here is what I can tell you, the cutting of the logos only applies to the Clam 2000, not the 6800. We have a one year, limited, manufacturer defect warranty. In order for us to issue a warranty, the item has to be within the one year, and you have to furnish a copy of the sales receipt. Please let me know if there are any more questions I can answer for you.”

For the money spent on this shelter I feel it should hold up better than it has. I store this shack in my garage, it’s like the the tarp shrank. Anybody else had this problem?? Whatsa

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

One last. I’d just be interested to see if anybody else has had this problem

Bob Bowman
    MN

Write a letter to the BBB and see if there is something that comes from that.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

i had a 2000 w/ floor problems and they took care of it. but it took lots of phone calls and a 4 people who said they would call back in 10 minutes and never did. i had to pursue them.when i did send in my logos,10-12 days later ups showed up w/ a whole new outside material for me to replace? i called and asked how the new “skin” would solve my floor problem. thats when the confusion began. i finally got my new shack last week. i beleive that the cust service mgr’s name is jackie. call and leave her a voice mail

birddog
    Mn.

I’ve found their customer service to be top notch. I’ve had to contact them for a couple things and they have always been there for me. I will add those zippers are tempermental. I am ever so gentle when unzipping and zipping my shack, and I always make sure others are are aware I don’t whant then zipping like it’s a race. If you can find a someone with an industrial sewing machine they’ll be able to put better zippers in and fix ya up good as new! Good Luck.

BIRDDOG

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Here is how you honestly deal with it.

Call them back……

Ask for the person who has the authority to fix this for you. When the person you talk to says: “nobody”, then tell that person to put you through to their supervisor.

Go through the same motion…..Asking for the person who has the authority to fix this and don’t give up until you find someone with that authority.

When they tell you no———ask for that persons supervisor………AND Always get the supervisors NAME!!!!!

Eventually, you will get through to a person who HAS the authority to make it right……….

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

I had good experience. The bottom on my fish trap went bad after several years,…they replaced it promptly w/o any hassles.

AkDan

I am trying to purchase a house from the Clam corp (or I should say WAS). It’s been month now and still no return with shipping information. Looks like they dont need my money!

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Thanks Guys I’ll keep you posted on my progress. Whatsa

col._klink
    St Paul

AkDan,

Send me the $ I will run and get you one and send it on its way!! Cut out the middle man I will call UPS if you need it.

John

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

I have the 6800, just got it last year, and have had no major issues with it. Sucks when companies don’t stand behind stuff. Clam is big company, if hastled enough they should fix your problem

AkDan

John,

Thanks for the help. UPS wont send the Yukon to Alaska!!! Also my old man has bought the otter lodge, with seats and a cover for 425, new. That house alone is pushing 600 up here!!! Found a shipping company based out of here and Grand Rapids MN. The owner on this end is flying back and is going to haul the house to the headquarters in MN. Not sure when the next tractor trailer is due to Fairbanks. Cost for shipping is 150 bucks from what he said before. IF they had to pick it up it would have been 400 bucks. Fedex was 1300, yes THIRTEEN HUNDRED bucks! Talk a rip off lol.

I am still contemplating a otter den/cottage though and I think this can be shipped via ups as it’s quite a bit smaller. Wont need the seats as I’ll have the two with the lodge and I would hope they’ll work on the den? Not sure what kind of deals there is on these there but if there is, let me know if ya see one. Heck I really only need the tent portion as I can by the sled here locally though at a astronomical price! Now if we could only get someone like sportsmens warehouse to carry the otter and clam (cringe!) lines there would be no need to even call these companys. Sportsmens has bent over backwards for us up here to include pulling a window out of a eskimo travler on the show floor to replace ours that cracked free of charge, no questions asked and we didnt even buy the house from them!

col._klink
    St Paul

Cool!!

I will see if you can just buy the tent portion and let you know. You have the otter sled?? What size are you looking for?

AkDan

I can get the otter sled locally, looking for either the otter Den or Cottage.

Thanks again!

ps, landed my first laker today WOOOHOO

col._klink
    St Paul

I will look for ya. Nothing tastes better than fresh TROUT!!!

AkDan

even better, I let it go!

col._klink
    St Paul

I guy has to do that to

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.