3rd lake report 2/05

• freitag
    Osseo, WI

Fished 3rd lake yesterday with moderate success with the gills. Approx. 3-4″ of ice max. with the channel open. Nothing on tip-ups from us or neighboring fishermen. All -in all, we caught between 35+ gills keeping about a dozen. About a half-dozen 9″+. Nice day.
    Local baitshop (Hunters?) low on bait. Not willing to order in more bait with the dismal ice conditions. Can’t say that I blame him.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

its hard for him to gain customers as well, last year they tried to charge 1.85 ea for shiners i ll drive back to onalaska for that

Jay Jones
    Onalaska Wi

They are on my list of Bait Shops that I will never go into again as well.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Are we talking about Hunter’s in Trempleau? I haven’t had any bad issues with them. They don’t ever have a lot of stock for tackle, but they have great minnows If you go upstairs, they have some of the best burgers in the area. It is a great place to warm up while fishing in frigid weather

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

I have to agree with AmWatson, good minnows and and alot of atmoshpere. I don’t think their trying hard to be a great bait shop, just trying to provide alittle extra for their patrons. Great burgers and of course…a few beers, down from Tremp. lock/dam that is good for fall walleye spawn.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.