Clear Lake Ice

• ksullivan

My buddy was down in Clear Lake over Feb. 4th and said there was a lot of open water but he thought he saw people out fishing still. I am planning on making the trip down this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows how the ice is doing. I see a lot of people over by Harbourage and the open water by Dome Bait. How do those spots compare to the island? Any help would be great.

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

I’ll try an check might be up there Wenesday or Thursday this week. However I’m planning on continuing Northward towards Mn.

On the 3rd we were out and like you said the Open water was approaching from the west of the Island and the Far east of the Island from the Bait store.

Good Luck if u try it, I’m waiting for a while.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I went by lake yesterday and therewas alot of open water however I did see some shacks by island I beleve there is still sme ice fishing to be had with CAUTION

eyeweign
    Ellsworth Ia.

fynsup,
    I was up there Wed. afternoon and fished northwest of the island about 75 yard from the open water. There was 6 inchs of ice. there is alot of current under the ice now. Thursday morning fished northeast of the island and there was a good foot of ice. The small eyes are still going strong. Yellows a little slow. Talked to a couple of guys that were out at 6:45 am, and they had six yellows between them. I fished any where from 15 to 18 feet. Should be good ice for the rest of the week and then some.

Crowbait

eyeweign
    Ellsworth Ia.

Sorry, I must have had my head up the ice bucket. Should have said Monday and Tuesday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.