Light suggestions and steelie pic.

• wood913

Anybody know a good bright light that I can run off my Vex battery for the inside of my portable? I’m breaking the bank buying propane cylinders for night time crappies.

thanks….
    woody

Oct. Idaho Steelhead attached

Steelies on flies are a kick but crappies through the ice rule

ARCH
    southern minnesota

I know that a lot of people are using rope lights in portables, and they are using booster battery packs(like for jump starting cars) cabelas is selling a ton of these set ups.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

get a good quality led headlamp. i have a ray-o-vac and it has a red led, white led, and a regular lamp. i do carry a 50w 12v bulb/socket that i hook up to my extra vex battery, that will last about a hour. i have only been using the headlamp lately and it has worked out well………tom f

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I know that a lot of people are using rope lights in portables, and they are using booster battery packs(like for jump starting cars) cabelas is selling a ton of these set ups.

Yep, I love em. On my spare flasher battery they will run 16 hours. When I hook them up to the LX-5 I still have over ten hours. You can tie wrap them to one of your cross members

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

An LED head lamp is the ticket. I replace the batteries twice a year. The specs say you’re supposed to get up to 75 hours on the high beam setting. And they’re very light weight.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Bret and I are running the same lights in our portables. They are handier than a left leg Just zip tie or velcro them to the crossbars and use the alligator clips to attach to the battery. They have a really long lead so you can have a small battery anywhere or do what we do, hook them right to the flasher. They run about $10 per 6 foot section at Gander Mountain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.