Mille Lacs Report for 2/1 & 2/2/06

• drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Agate and Flamingo reefs are still producing good numbers of perch.
    Wednesday the bite was on and steady by 4:00 pm and lasted through 8:00 for perch in 26-30 FOW.
    Mainly 10″ to 13″ with one at 14″ .
    Perch colored flyer jigs, small spoons with pinched heads and red Gamakatsu hooks with fatheads were the ticket. Every fish caught was burping up minnows, obviously well fed!
    Eyes were apparently already full. Only iced one 14.5″.
    Iced one pout about midnight. This thing was 28″ and extremely thin. Apparently not competing very well with the active perch? I did claim the back straps though .
    Thursday morning everything was very neutral. Iced only perch and they were tough to get. No two fish were caught on the same presentation. We kept rerigging and continued to pick up a few .
    East shore break/bridge conditions are good, but “changing daily”.
    Ice thickness has not changed since the IDA GTG, still about 18″ with some water on top now.
    Most of that water was released/caused from redrilling the holes in the sleeper, but everything froze hard again over night.
    If you have a permanent out there, make plans to jack it up before we get any more snow!
    Sorry, no camera on this trip .
    cheers

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

So thats where you’ve been! Since when did you get to go during the week? Best time to go if you can do it! Nice report sir!

dd

muskygator
    Foley MN

thanks for the report would like to go. now I know the night bite is the time to be there. Wish the walleyes were still biting though, but you can’t pass up a nice perch bite.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Drewsdad,
    This was a business trip .
    No, I actually did have business up there. This was our way of saving the company a buck, by staying in the shack instead of a hotel .
    Are you buying this or not?
    cheers
    P.S. Do not tell my wounded grizzly (AKA Big Mama Boss Lady) about the pout, until she has had an opportunity to taste it

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

She did tell me you were gone on business. She neglected to say anything about the ice-fishing part. Are you sure you told her about the ice-fishing part?

dd

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

P.S. Do not tell my wounded grizzly (AKA Big Mama Boss Lady) about the pout, until she has had an opportunity to taste it

Wounded grizzly

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

She don’t scare me none! Of course, she is my little sister and can’t do nothin’ about me. My wife, however….

dd

drakesdemise

I am choosing to gracefully bow out of this conversation now!
    cheers

superfish
    Wisconsin

you should not lie

drakesdemise

Whos fibbing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.