Wheel House Question???

• mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

My buddy Todd wants to buy a wheel ice house to use as both a camper in the summer and a fish house in the winter. He is planning on buying a pre-manufactured house with a large trailer door in the rear. His question was, “Do you think that the house would be sturdy enough to put my Harley inside and haul it to Sturgis, and then maybe to Colorado for Elk hunting.” I really didn’t know how to respond to his question since I have not traveled that long of a distance with a wheel house. Do you guys have any suggestions or comments that would inform us? He wanted to sell his new pop-up camper, but he is reluctant because of this question.

Thanks

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

The problem with most wheel houses is the fold up axles take a beating and require close watch. I would not recommend doing what describe with a wheel house who’s tires fold up on the sides. To better suit using it for hauling motorcycles and wheelers look into the hydraulic setups with the tires folding up inside. They’re designed to take more of beating. If he goes with the other style theres a good chance of bending the stubby little axles. Especially if hes going to use frequently.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Hauled my Ice castle out to Black hills with no problems it has V front so pulls better also has leaf spring so it absorbes bumps lot better!!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

We haul our home made wheel houses to Country Fest and camp in them.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Matt

Do you know a website or something that may have hydraulic lift houses? I would like to check them out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.